“hotel of horror”

and 1 more site!
New Pola Hotel Luxor
Ranked #41 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed 19 January 2010

been to luxor a few times this has to be the worst hotel i have stay in.the staff was nice the rooms fairly clean the mangment was crap to his staff and guest.the pool was dirty for the two weeks we were there.if you wanted a book you had to buy one or rent it BOOKS THAT GUEST HAVE LEFT.wanted to tip my cleaner but could not for this lady was lurking around taking what i had left in my room for the cleaners she even went threw my bucket i was still in my room at the time so i knew she would take ther tips.breakfast was crap.true what other people says make sure you get your change they do depend on ther commision coz there pay is crap.they were even goin to charge me for to open my wine in my room the wine i had got at duty free.feel sorry for the staff as most of them were nice woud not go back to this hotel and my toilet seat broken told them by the end of my stay it was just the same.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for New Pola Hotel Luxor

Reviewed 4 December 2009

i have been to egypt luxor so many times, and so when i got made redundant in november the little bit of money i got, i paid off my debts and then decided on a last minutye holiday, and as i have been to luxor so many times, that was my choice. hotel was rubbish, room security was rubbish, do not leave money, or any thing around as it will go, no safes, food terrible, staff rubbish.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank robertwashington2
Reviewed 28 August 2009

I travelled to Egypt with my disabled mother, friend and daughter and booked a room with disabled access for my mother - there was no disabled access and not enough room for my mother to use her wheelchair or able to use the shower or bath. Also not one of the hotel staff helped me at any time helping my mother up and down the front steps or lifting her chair up and down the steps. I found this quite strange as people in the streets helped at every opportunity. Also the hotel claims it is 200 meters from Luxor Temple and 350 meters from the museum - I think they mean 20 mins walk to Temple and 35 mins walk to museum - not quite the same! But it is still in a good position and travel around Luxor is easy enough.

The room faced the main road and was so noisy that a trip to the chemist was necessary to buy earplugs! The housekeeping staff were fantastic and kept the room spotless. The food good value for the money.

The pool had the water cleaned when it got so cloudy you could not see the bottom but the sides of the pool were black with gunk. We only paid £57 for the week half board which was excellent value for money but in future I will pay extra and return to the Iberotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank sallyannethomas
Reviewed 25 August 2009

This hotel was highly recommended. Good value for money, friendly kind staff and clean rooms. I had the pleasure of staying from Mid -May till early August and I enjoyed it. The rooms away from the street side are quieter but they do not have a view of the Nile. Best recommendation 5th or 6th floor.

The roof top has a spectacular view of the Nile and surrounding areas particularly at Sunset. During my stay they were renovating some rooms. High speed wi-fi Internet access is available in the Lobby and the rooftop and some of the rooms, either with your own laptop or you can use theirs all for a minimal fee.

Breakfast is Egyptian/English style buffet with the chef making fresh crepes or eggs while you enjoy your breakfast. The waiters are friendly and helpful. Room service is wonderful.

Rooms are equipped with satellite TV ample channels, fridge AC, telephone and bathroom(hot water). The housekeeper and her team do a wonderful job ensuring your comfort. Rooms are cleaned daily at your convenience.

It is well located on the main street and you can easily walk to shops, restaurants, café's banks/ATM's and the Nile walk. The pool is on the 8th floor which is the rooftop, it is cleaned daily and wonderful place to cool down during the summer heat. Pool not heated for winter travellers.

There is a bazaar at the entrance where you can purchase souvenirs, drinks and ice-cream, chocolates, junk food, etc

Many thanks to all the receptionists, waiters/waitress, chefs and the bazaar guy and Mr. Pola for making my stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Yes I would recommend this hotel to anyone.It had all that I need,and I am planning on going back to Luxor with my fiancee on our honeymoon,and hope to stay at the new Pola hotel

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 26 May 2009

This was my 2nd time this year in Luxor, last time i stayed in the Mercue,however i couldnt get in this time so i decided to try the Pola. To be honest i just used it as a base as i have friends in Luxor who i tend to spend alot of time with during the evening and at night. My first impresion when i walk into the lobby was ok at least it's clean, my room was fine although did notice quiet alot of mosquitos in there but once i told reception they tried to sort it out. The pool was ok it's not heated and even though the temp was 42 degrees it was still a shock when you jumped in. But again it was clean. The staff we're friendly couldnt do enough for you, but i from my experiance the place runs off tips. I had to become quite harsh quite fast as a beer would cost 12 you would give them 20 and you were lucky if you saw the change unless you chased them up. A word to the wise if your in a group drinking keep your empty bottles so you can check how much you've got charged for at the end or pay as you go because a few times i was over charged. As for breakfast i personaly wouldnt get out of bed for it,but it wasn't that bad and for the price it's ok. Lastly if your sat down stairs in reception please cover yourself with replelant as i looked like i was the food on offer by the end of the week, they also like to clean the hotel at about 5pm and not put wet floor signs up so i came out of the lift into reception and slipped on my bum, when i came in january i broke both ankles on the curbs so it might just be that i'm clumbsy and perhaps a little dizzy at times. But over all for the price it was ok, did meet some fantastic people and their wasnt many children about either so it was nice. Did however seem to get more hassel outside the hotel this time but there are some wonderfull coffee shops and if your going into town have a look for twinkys cake shop its amazing and really good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2009

I have stayed at new pola 3 times now and love it. I've just arrived home after another 2 weeks stay there.
What people are failing to mention is the fact that the security is alot tighter than those of a 5 star hotel ,you cant just walk in off the street and wander round !,Surely this has to be more important to those moaning about food,pillows pool etc ?
I find the new pola very relaxing and the staff second to none and of course very clean.
The breakfast that most seem to be moaing about is mainly Egyptian food ...not to everyones liking ,but there are spanish omelette's or fried eggs and toast available and toast .
Although i do agree to perhaps brightening up the diner.
And if you dont like the noise ,request a back room ...simple !!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo