Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Violet B
Stourbridge, United Kingdom

Highly Reccomended

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Dec 2012
This was my 3rd visit to Luxor and my first 2 visits I stayed at the Sonesta St George, as this was my second holiday of the year and I was expecting to stay at an apartment (sadly unfinished) I was on a tight budget. I originally booked into the Gaddis for 3 nights sadly a big mistake but i soon moved out and into the Lotus. Because of the price I was not expecting anything special but I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. My tour guide from Luxor For You had recommended the Lotus and he was spot on. The hotel was spotless the staff were helpful and friendly. My only niggle were the staff at the pool bar who could barely be bothered to move, the pool attendant/cleaner on the other hand could not be more helpful. I liked to take my coffee out by the Nile in the morning and he never failed to spot me coming and went to fetch an ashtray for me without my asking and he never ever waited for a tip. Until the apartment is ready I will most definitely stay at this hotel again. I plan to return in April and I am sure I will not be disappointed. I stayed on the 5th floor and the view was breathtaking I saw the hot air balloons every morning and couldn't think of a better or more relaxing way to start the day.One other point each floor has security cameras so as a solo female traveller I felt safe when coming to and from my room.
Date of stay: November 2012
    £36
    £42
0.1 miles from Lotus Luxor Hotel
View more hotels in Luxor
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Nice smart hotel, beer a bit expensive...try the kings head pub over the road for cheaper beer and food...nice pool and pool bar and excellent view of the Nile for stunning sunsets over the Valley of The Kings. In town centre so handy for taxis to Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum etc (only five minutes away). Like most of Egypt though you will be besieged by people trying to sell you things the moment you set foot in the street. Rooms very good although gave up trying to get any sense out of the TV. Couple of little grocery stores next to the entrance (one of them called Asda!) and good book shop over the road for no hassle purchase of books and postcards (Aboudy). Part of an Expat Explore trip (budget) so much better hotel than I was expecting.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank JohnnySpangles100
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Nice hotel with an excellent location at the bank of the river Nile. Unfortunately the pool was closed because of maintenance. Wonderful view from the hotel terrace. Peaceful and quiet. Most of the rooms have balcony facing the Nile, but we didn't because it was a three-beds room.

Date of stay: October 2012
4  Thank Foxtoo
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Stayed at the lotus for 2 nights , fabulous views with hotel on the banks of the Nile !! We were upgraded to a suite , very big with those fantastic views. Reception staff very helpful and friendly . Breakfast good and plenty of it , pool side service not so good , but would stay there again. Hotel very clean in every aspect .

Room tip: Book a room with a Nile view
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed at the Lotus Hotel 19th - 25th of September.

This is a great value for money hotel!!! We booked a Junior Suite. The room was clean, very large with two balconies and a SUPERB view of the Nile. Lots of Tv channels if you get bored of the sun, beautiful views and pool, I didn’t. The staff was very nice especially the front desk who always tried to help us out when we needed.

Breakfast was simple (coffee, tea, bread, baked goods, juice, yogurt, omelet).
The hotel restaurant is good and I would recommend it since going out is always a hassle and the food is the same, with the same price.
Also the sandwiches they offer to be eaten at pool side are great!!!

Regarding the presence of older women with young Egyptian men, we saw a lot of it but they acted as normal guest and that happens everywhere in Luxor. Egypt is famous for that so just enjoy your vacation and stop taking care of other people lives.

If you don’t like to be stared at sometimes don’t go to Egypt, this will happen either inside the Hotel or outside.

I'm surprised to see some very bad reviews of this Hotel. This is not an upscale type of place (look at the price!!!) if you want 1st class service don’t be cheap and go somewhere else.

The Hotel fulfilled all of our needs. We had a GREAT stay.

Room tip: Junior Suite
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank chrstbc
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stayed at the Lotus for 4 nights, nice spot and very helpful staff. Not the cheapest you can find in Luxor but certainly very good value for money. Great views of the Nile and the Valley. Buffet breakfast is reasonable but then "buffet" in front of anything is usually great if you ask me. Room service food wasn't anything special but convenient (I'd recommend one of the better places to eat a short walk down the street). All in all this was a great place to stay.

Date of stay: November 2011