Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
JAJA425
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom

Disappointed

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Dec 2012
We booked to stay at this hotel from 19th December to 26th December 2012 on a B&B basis. We were under the impression that it was a 4* hotel but at best it was a mediocre 3*. Our room was very dark but had a great view of valley of the kings from the tiny balcony. Maid service was good and room was cleaned everyday. Breakfast was not good, although there was a reasonable selection of pastries if you went to breakfast after 9.00 there was just everyone else's leftovers available. What is put out at the start of breakfast is not replaced as people use it so latecomers get a very spartan offering. Restaurant staff were mostly miserable and hovered around whipping plates away before you had actually finished eating. The menu is very limited and doesn't change at all throughout the holiday. The bathroom was fairly large but very tired, bath was badly marked and rough. The towels were grey and clearly very old but on the bright side if you forget to take your loofah on holiday with you, the towels do an excellent job of removing skin! Pool area is quite dark with limited number of sun beds, half of which are in pretty much total shade throughout the day and the other half were 'booked' by people getting up early and placing towels on them. The pool is heated. After our first day in this hotel we spent all of our time around the pool of the Sonnesta St George and ate all meals, including breakfast at this hotel which is next door to the Lotus. There were several other Lotus Hotel guests doing the same thing. There was nothing laid on for Xmas day. The Lotus could be a lovely hotel but it will require a complete refurbishment including bedding and towels and some of the restaurant staff need to be trained in customer service. Although the Lotus is reasonably priced and some websites list it as a 4* hotel it definitely is not so if you like comfort and fresh looking rooms and bedding (what you get is 2 greyish sheets, 1 brown furry blanket & a dated throw) then do not use this hotel as you will be disappointed. One night we had a 40 minute complete power cut (every other hotel & building around still had power) but no-one advised guests of what was happening or when the power would be restored.

Jackie & Assaf
Date of stay: December 2012
Room Tip: Suites are ok, tired & shabby but you get a lounge & a bedroom with 2 balconies but they...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • Hilton
    £99
3.3 miles from Lotus Luxor Hotel
Free parking
View from the hotel restaurant
    £36
2.3 miles from Lotus Luxor Hotel
View more hotels in Luxor
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I took my 81yr old disabled mother to this hotel for a week. Although I booked this holiday with On The Beach I did contact the hotel to make sure it was suitable for a wheelchair and that the bedroom was large enough for the wheelchair and that there was easy access to all levels of the hotel. On arrival we were greeted like old friends our bedroom which turned out to be a suite was huge and 2 balconys, everything was clean and comfortable. All floors of the hotel were easy to get too including the outside terraces and swimming pool area. The staff were all very very helpful and were always on hand to assist us if needed. The view of the Nile from our rooms and public rooms in the hotel is OUTSTANDING.

I did a lot of reserch on the net before taking this holiday and it certainly paid off. Before going I contacted a Mr Hassany Morsy from MISR AFRICA TRAVEL also known ILoveEgypt. I arranged to meet him in my hotel to discuss tours. What a helpful man he was, he assured me that they were perfectly able to show my mother the sites and thats exactly what they did . They made it really easy slowly calmly and as gently as possible. I say they what I should say is Moses who took charge of the wheelchair and Abdul the excellent guide both supplied by Mr Morsy. Abdul was very imformative and obviously loved his subject. He spoke really good English clearly. Moses was a charming young man Because of my mothers age and disability we could only arrange half day tours.

Tours we did were Valley of the Kings really really bumpy in a wheelchair. Karnak Light Show really really bumpy in a wheelchair. Luxor Museum real smooth My mother loved all of these tours and saw plenty of sites including the tombs at the V of K. Beware just because its flat doesnt mean it isnt going to be REALLY REALLY BUMPY. Thanks again MISR AFRICA TRAVEL.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Jackie T
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Our first trip to Egypt , only been back a few days . Lotus was our first hotel we booked in for 5 and stayed 6 days . After reading some of the reviews was a little wary . It was a great hotel our room was very clean , the pool is great . The breakfast is fine we did not expect 5 star nor paid for 5 star . Any one who complains will complain about about anything in life . We met some wonderful people will go back to the lotus We had 5 weeks touring around 10 hotels. Great views of Nile. We went on the hot air ballon wow amazing.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

Just got back from a nice holiday with my daughter ...The hotel entrance and pool area is very nice ...The bedrooms are ok but could be cleaned to a better standard. The staff was very helpful on many occasions ,,,nothing was to much trouble so well done lotus staff ..The pool was heated which was nice ,,as the weather did cool down towards the end of the afternoon .
I would stay at this hotel again ,,,because the staff made us feel very welcome ...And the hotel on the whole was value for the money we paid ...
You do get a bit of hassle when leaving the hotel but me and my daughter just said no thank you ,,and the locals seem to accept that ....We did eat in a couple of restaurants ,,one is called Snobs which is in the street opposite to the lotus and the other is just across the road which is called King Tuts ...I would recommend both of them and they do very good veggie as I don't eat meat .... This hotel my be small but as a big warm welcome for the guest ,,,and I am looking forward to my next stay ...Well done the lotus

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Just got back after 3 weeks staying at The Lotus. The location is great with the nile in front and the West bank. The rooms are cleaned daily and fresh linen and towels provided. The buffet breakfast was adequate for the price. Some people complained about the service but this is not 5* but there was a good choice and if you wanted anything else you just had to ask. The location was good with the English restaurants just over the road. We found a new shop called The Tobacconist which sells cigs and tobacco. I missed getting duty free on the plane (not a smoker myself) but someone always asks me and got genuine English tobacco and cigs. Not Chinese as some of the vendors sell. Also the owner has taxis and a bus so we booked some trips at the same time. The service was first class and the driver spoke excellent English and the prices were fixed. Have booked to go back to the Lotus again next May.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank glenhawd0n
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This was my 3rd visit to Luxor and my first 2 visits I stayed at the Sonesta St George, as this was my second holiday of the year and I was expecting to stay at an apartment (sadly unfinished) I was on a tight budget. I originally booked into the Gaddis for 3 nights sadly a big mistake but i soon moved out and into the Lotus. Because of the price I was not expecting anything special but I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. My tour guide from Luxor For You had recommended the Lotus and he was spot on. The hotel was spotless the staff were helpful and friendly. My only niggle were the staff at the pool bar who could barely be bothered to move, the pool attendant/cleaner on the other hand could not be more helpful. I liked to take my coffee out by the Nile in the morning and he never failed to spot me coming and went to fetch an ashtray for me without my asking and he never ever waited for a tip. Until the apartment is ready I will most definitely stay at this hotel again. I plan to return in April and I am sure I will not be disappointed. I stayed on the 5th floor and the view was breathtaking I saw the hot air balloons every morning and couldn't think of a better or more relaxing way to start the day.One other point each floor has security cameras so as a solo female traveller I felt safe when coming to and from my room.

• Trip type: Travelled solo