Lotus Luxor Hotel
    Very Good 4/5
    • Restaurant
    Very Good 4/5
    • Pool
    All reviewsnile viewfresh fruit saladegyptian governmentnice poolwest banksmall balconycleaned dailytour operatortwin bedspool area islaundry servicewaitershasslejeweladapterbankssights
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 3 October 2009

the hotel is very clean and close to the restaurants and the staff are very helpful, the food could be better but kfc pizza hut etc only a 5 min walk, see the true culture and the real Egypt , must see the valley of the kings and the temples to book your trips at the best price find a chap called Mohammad he is situated down the steps as you get into the hotel grounds he can sort everything out for you and you must try the quad biking in the desert if you like that kind of thing check out the pics i have added to recognize him. Also for the best prices on supplies and things to take back to to a shop called super market el nada next to murpheys irish pub owned by Mahmood the best prices you will not get ripped off, and try the restaurant next door too called bon appetite.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 13 September 2009

we stayed at this hotel over easter with our 13 year old daughter. the hotel was spotlessly clean and the room was ok. the pool area is nice with a great view of the nile. the staff were very helpful, very pleasant with our blonde haired blue eyed daughter but not over familiar - its a nice break from the stresses of being in luxor!
    the one thing this hotel is short of is a bar and evening entertainment. the pool bar serves drinks during the day but this closes very early so that when our daughter went up to bed we were stuck for something to do! there was a very nice bar just over the road and the hotel did have a bbq one evening which we really enjoyed as a family and it would have been nicer if we could have done this every night.
    the people on the streets of luxor can be very hard work if not intimidating but you very quickly learn to say a very firm NO! as a result we didnt venture very far - there are lots of other hotels in the immediate area and a few good restaurants very close by so eating out wasn't a problem- we just would've liked a bar to come back to.
    the hotel is a good base for all the local trips, we booked ours with a tour operator over the road and they were to a very high standard. the balloon trip is well worth its money but be prepared for all the local children crowding you at the end and take some pens etc as gifts.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
    Reviewed 9 September 2009

My new wife and I stayed just one night at this hotel, and it was during the off-season (August is pretty toasty-warm in Egypt) so our experiences may differ from others. But we found the rooms charming, the service quite nice, and our room overlooked the nice pool and the Nile beyond. Gorgeous! Sure, it'd be nice if the pool hours were later into the evening, and my Mac had no luck logging onto the hotel's WiFi... but that's nit-picking. It's in a nice location too, within walking distance of some interesting Luxor sights. I'd certainly come back for a return visit.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank RightAfterThis
    Reviewed 3 July 2009

This is the place people in the know go to in Luxor. By far the best hotel on our Egyptian tour. Right on the Nile with beautiful surroundings. Swimming pool is gorgeous. Staff could not have been better.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
    1  Thank ZoeMor
    Reviewed 28 June 2009

I like to tell a little story about Egypt,Luxor and ofcourse the Lotus Hotel over the last 3 years!
    The first time I visit Egypt, was in 2001 in hotel Arabella in Hurghada.You can say, a beach holiday, yes, but very nice!
    But when we go to visit Luxor in a daytrrip, through the desert in de middle of the night and I saw all the stars in the sky from one to the other side of the road,I feel something happend to me.I fall in love with this country! So special!
    In the years after that holiday, many times I think back of that special feeling that night.
    So I decide in 2006 to go back to Egypt again and we make a beautiful nile-cruise for a week and one week after in hotel Le Meridien!( that time)
    At once we are landed in Luxor I have that special feeling of coming home again!
    We did the nile-cruise, with the lovely "Regina" cruiseboat and we take our rest after the cruise in Le Meridien.(next to The Lotus Hotel)
    In that last week we talk with a lot of people, staff from Le Meridien, people from outside, in the shops in the street and also staff from hotel The Lotus!
    We see and hear about Luxor from an other side.The side from people who live and work there. And again I feel myself very welcome and I get a lot of respect. Again I want to come back! To see, feel and know more about this country and his people!
    In januari 2007 I decide again to go back to Luxor and this time to stay in the Lotus Hotel!
    If you see both hotels, the Steigenberger Nile Palace( before Le Meridien) and the Lotus Hotel, ofcourse you see the difference.
    The Lotus Hotel is for me a very nice hotel,after januari 2007 I come back there for 6 times.The last time was in june 2009. And I hope soon again!
    Through all this time I see the Lotus Hotel is growing from a simple hotel to a nice, comfortable,higher class and friendly hotel. The staff is growing in speak every time better englisch, they are always very helpful, the waiters are better
    dressed and I can see the positve drive from the hand of the General Manager..
    In this 6 times I was in Luxor in the Lotus Hotel , I see some of the General Managers in person.
    But most of the time I was there ,they are to busy to speak to me , or they were on a holiday.
    Last januari and this time in june, I meet a mr Jamahl. I hope I wright his name well!
    Always very polite, friendly and wish me good days again here in the Lotus Hotel.
    At one evening I have a very nice and special talk with mr Jamahl and Chef Omar.
    Outside, on the beautiful nile river, we talk about Egypt, the egypt people, about the Lotus Hotel and all his staff, about Europe, Holland, were I come from, Amsterdam and many other interesting things!
    We sit there for hours, had a very nice time and I think we know each other a little bit better now. Also I realise that I see the hands from this Gen. Manager in many things in and around the Lotus Hotel!
    Ofcourse, life is not only good or bad and to be honest, there are also things in this Lotus Hotel, that can be better, for example the very hard beds and the , not always clean, tablecloths in the restaurant. But you cannot do everything in one time, I know that very well.
    I realise that this little story has become a big one, but when you decide to go to Luxor , go and stay in this nice hotel Lotus and you wil see for yourself what I try to tell you about it!!
    Have a nice time there and enjoy!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo