Lotus Luxor Hotel
US$31
US$56
US$49
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnile viewfresh fruit saladegyptian governmentnice poolwest banksmall balconycleaned dailytour operatortwin bedspool area islaundry servicewaitershasslejeweladapterbankssights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2010

It was my second time in Luxor in as many months and decided to stay at the Lotus after having had a bad experience in another hotel nearby during my previous visit in November 2009. This hotel has an exceptional hotel reception with great helpful staff and the rooms are cool , clean and very comfortable. I spent a total of five days at the hotel and literally spent time by the pool and surroundings to appreciate it. I just could not find faults with this hotel. Every staff member was willing to help. The hotel is small in comparison to the other two nearby but this is the added beauty as it wasn't crowded and for this reason it seemed if we had our own private swimming pool. The cleaning staff were constantly cleaning trying to keep the hotel spotless. Furthermore the location is just perfect as you only have to walk out to the main road and you are spoilt for choice with shops,banks,restaurants. I will certainly be booking into this hotel on my next trip to Luxor and I highly recommend it to anyone travelling in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rakaash72
Reviewed 13 May 2010

We were booked here as part of our tour. It was the nicest place that we stayed at during our whole visit to Egypt. The beds are hard, but at least we slept, which is more than i can say for any other hotel in Egypt.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelGeek23
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I stayed at the Lotus with my 18 year old daughter. We picked this hotel due to good reviews. I believed the staff was amazing, however it was difficult to find, who they had been talking about: the reception staff are nice, and a couple at the pool. The only time the waiters were nice, was the day before we left they began there effort to get a tip!! Two of the kitchen staff came into the dining room, I don't speak the language but it was obvious they were arguing. The dining room needs a new manager, and a new menu!! Having said that our room was nice, we did have a view of the dump next door, but we could also see the Nile. We felt safe in the hotel, and relaxing by the pool was very nice with views across the Nile. However once outside the hotel its madness, you get hastle to take trips on boats, horses,cars and all other trips. They follow you down the street and wont take no for an answer, my daughter was called names because she said NO!!! She was also sexually touched in the street, which you can imagine how upsetting that was. I would recomend having alook at the hotels either side, as they are impressive. We had some good meals out, the food is much better than Sharm. I did spend alot of money to stay at this hotel, I really think it should have been much less. I would recommend staying here at the right price. I don't think I would ever go back to Luxor because I enjoy going for a relaxing walk, in the evening and you just cant do this, it is so stressfull, and after what happened to my daughter I don't feel safe. One last thing; the bed and the pillows are the hardest ever, Ive still got a bad neck 3 weeks later.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank suzanne980
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Was on honeymoon. Moved here from an awful hotel (Gezira Gardens). Like Paradise after Gezira Gardens! We were shown two rooms on the 4th floor: a double room and a suite. The double was $50 a night B&B, the suite was $80 B&B (this was the total cost per night for us both). We went for the suite. Both were clean, although actually the suite was a lot nicer with two large rooms, a TV in each, fantastic Nile view. It was clean. And we loved teh staff. They dont have as much experience as the larger plusher hotels, but we were friendly to them and they were very friendly to us. It is a small hotel which we liked, more homely. The restaurant staff are more used to big groups than individuals, but we found if we took the initiative to be friendly and made sure we tipped generously then it really helped warm them up (they probably get ignored by most big groups and feel undervalued so a bit of appreciation goes a long way). the food was great though. if you ask for it they have an a la carte menu too, where you can get hamburger with chips, huge plate, for less than £2, which is just amazing value.
I cant promise you'll get the same room rate as we got. We turned up on their doorstep and they had rooms spare so got a really good rate, so you cant really expect such a good rate all the time. it's still far far cheaper than 5 star ones.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RE3333
Reviewed 25 April 2010

We have just returned from 10 days in Luxor at the Lotus. The hotel was better than expected, it's more like a four star hotel than a three as advertised!
The rooms have lovely views of the nile and the west bank. The pool is really nice and the food and service at the pool are also really good. I think a big baguette and chips was about 12 Egyptian which is about 1.50 English. Great value for lunch.
It is well located a 10 minute walk along the Nile takes you to the center and Luxor Temple.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. And the food is also pretty good at dinner and lunch. (We were full-board for 3 days, due to delays.)
Also would like to recommend a friend we made who does feluca trips, and west bank trips at good prices, he also really friendly and honest. And makes great tea!
His name is Mohamed and you can find him if you ask for Mohammed nefertiti around the feluca boats. Also here is his number; [--].

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple