“Nice hôtel, near everything, and very nice poeple!”

Little Garden Hotel
Ranked #35 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We were there for five days, and we had great time. The room are cleaned everyday, you have acces to air-conditionned, free internet and a fridg in your room. It is possible to book tour to visit the temple from the hôtel, and the service is very good and on time.
The staff is helpful, very kind et they are trying there best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Big thank you to Mustafa and espacially to Asoma who took good care of me while I was sick. She cook me some rice that really put me back on my feet!

Room Tip: There is a very buitiful oriental room whitch give you the feeling that you live in the old egyptien...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Geny1809

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I stayed 10days in the little garden hotel and it was wonderful! the hotel is located in the center of luxor not far from the main street. i had a beautiful room on the roof where i took my breakfast in the sun on the terasse every morning. Especially the staff is extremly friendly (which is unfortunately not often in Egypt) - the care about every wish and help everywhere they can!

Room Tip: the room on the north side are colder - good in the summer, but in the winter maybe too cold at nigh...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Little Garden Hotel is an very nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The beds were very comfortable. It was also very nice you could use free internet. The patio on the roof was wonderful. I have had a wonderful stay in Little Garden.
There was something not so nice, during my stay there were Korean visitors who were not so friendly and thought everything was for them.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I stayed in the Little Garden Hotel for just over a week and was well impressed with the staff! They were very attentive and helpful!
The manager Barbara was wonderful to suggest any tours and did a great job with setting them up!
The rooftop patio is a great place to spend some time relaxing in the sun to read a book or listen to music.
I stayed in the oriental room which was a charming room!
I recommend this place to anyone traveling on a budget!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrea26_13
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This is one of the most comfortable and tasteful Hotels I have stayed in. The service was outstanding, the rooms were clean, the beds were very comfortable. I was impressed with the staff and their friendliness and genuine desire to be helpful. I highly recommend it to any travelers. This is one of Luxors great treasures.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 24 January 2013

a very pleasant hotel well managed with a very pleasant young staff at its head the efficient and gentle Barbara.Internet was fluent including in rooms. we stayed 6 nights and of course for us the price was an important issue. The breakfast on the sunny terrace was a energizing moment especially end on december in the dawning morning.

Room Tip: large room on the rear side with a private balcoon/terrace. Calm. ask for good size sheets fitting t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The hotel is very nice and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. The hotel is located in a quiet area of Luxor. I think the "Oriental" room is a bit overrated. It's quite charming, but small and without much in the way of surface area to put anything on or good light. My young adult children were in a standard double room and had more space, more light and a nicer bathroom. I'd go for that next time.

Having read reviews before booking, I had expected a warm and friendly welcome. The welcome we got was quite indifferent. The young men at the desk seemed nice enough, but perhaps very shy. In any case, they didn't appear to have a good command of English (and my Arabic is quite lacking) and seemed more like people who'd been asked to stand-in for the people who are trained to do the job.

Breakfast, such as it is, was problematic. When we checked in we were asked what time we wanted breakfast. I told the desk staff 7 am on the roof deck as we had a tour leaving at 8 am. In the morning, when there was no visible staff on the roof and no obvious signs of food coming, I went to the desk and inquired. I was told breakfast would be there soon. It took two more trips down three flights of stairs and wasn't until 7:55 am that our food finally arrived, and then it was only for one person when we were four! If you want a real breakfast, you'd be better off planning to go elsewhere. We were each served a cold hard-boiled egg, a very small wedge of cream cheese, a small packet of jam and a roll. Thank goodness we had other food with us or we would have been very empty for our morning of touring. We asked for coffee, waited quite a while, then finally left without it because we were already late for the people picking us up for our tour. It was a very frustrating way to start our day and really influenced our overall experience at the hotel.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast elsewhere. Choose a standard room rather than paying more for the Oriental room--more...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
littlegardenlxregy, Front Office Manager at Little Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

Thank you for your review. We welcome all comments, good and bad, because any problems that our guests experience help us to achieve our aim of making your stay with us perfect.

The lighting in the oriental rooms is deliberately subdued to create a romantic atmosphere and it is slightly darker due to the coloured light shade that matches the decor.

The receptionists that were here when you checked in were quite new to the job but their training is ongoing so I can assure you that they will improve.

For hygiene purposes our breakfast is served individually not set out as a buffet. I do appologise for the mix up in the breakfast time.
Normally our guests are asked to call down to reception from the phone in their room when they are ready to have breakfast so that it can be brought to them but this was obviously overlooked in your case. I appologise again for this.
We have also now reviewed our breakfast and have added some extra items.

We hope that your experience has not put you off returning to visit us again. If you give us a second chance then we can guarantee that next time your stay will be a better experience.

Please again accept our appologies for the problems that you experienced.