“Excellent, friendly well priced hotel”
Review of Nefertiti Hotel

Nefertiti Hotel
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent, friendly well priced hotel”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and found it to be a great mid-range hotel. Good breakfast on the roof with relatively good wifi. Very clean and well kept rooms with a good shower (but some of the drainage problems standard in Egypt!). Most importantly and noteworthy were the friendly, minimal hassle staff who gave us lots of info about Egyptian life and culture. We used their driver for a tour out to Valley of the Kings and experienced a BIT of hassle/unsafe driving but nothing much in the scheme of egyptian travel! Wouldn't recommend the in-house restaurant highly.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hungrythirstysleepy
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you for your kind review of your stay at the Nefertiti Hotel. We sincerely appreciate receiving comments and feedback in order to continually improve on our service.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel one day soon.

Aladin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Luxor, Egypt
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I`ve been in Luxor in September 2013 and was advised by my tour guide to stay in Nefertiti Hotel. That was a good choice. Excellent hotel for a modest price right next to the Luxor temple. I felt myself very safe there and the hotel staff tried to really do their best for me to enjoy my time.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Vadim L
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2013

Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The hotel really knows how to make one feel at home. The rooms are in excellent condition and air conditioned. The food is great. Plus they provide tours almost anywhere in the Luxor area. Also the Hotel is located in Bazaar which is very convenient for buying both souvenirs and snacks.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 946Ben
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have nothing but good to say about this hotel. It was very affordable and the staff were all wonderful, courteous and friendly. When my friend and I arrived, we had a driver pick us up from the airport. When we got to the hotel, Khaled sat with us and explained to us how the hotel works (there is free wifi, a restaurant, rooftop patio, safety deposit box), etc. He booked a hot air balloon ride for the next morning (Sindbad balloons) as well as a tour for the West bank (Aladin Day Tour). My friend and I then went to our room to cool off in the air conditioning. We also decided to order dinner. The menu had a really good selection (everything from burgers, sandwiches, pasta to traditional Bedouin meals). However, I think because we were visiting during a time where there have been VERY few tourists, the menu limited. However, they were as accommodating as possible.

After dinner, I sat on the rooftop patio and watched the sunset over the Nile and Luxor Temple (this hotel has an AMAZING view of the temple). It was AMAZING. Shortly after that my friend and I walked to the temple (it's literally 5 minutes away) and explored it while it was lit up at night. It was so nice.

When we got back we sat on the rooftop patio and ordered shisha. The service was great.

The next morning we woke up at 4:00am and were given our breakfast (which was good: fruit, bread, yogurt) and were picked up for our hot air balloon ride. All the staff were awesome, the pilot was very friendly and skilled (our landing was soooo smooth), and the view from the balloon WONDERFUL. We watched the sun rise over the Nile, saw the temples and houses. After the hot air balloon ride, we were met by our guide for the West bank tour. Our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable, recommended the best tombs to visit in the Valley of the Kings, showed us an alabaster shop, took us to a few temples, all before noon when it would be too hot to be out and about.

Between my friend and I, we spent under 300USD for this entire trip (hotel, food, shisha, tour, balloon ride, driver, admission to temples).

I was visiting at a very strange time in Egypt. Because of the State of Emergency and curfew, there have been very few other tourists around so many of my visits have been just my friend and I. The hot air balloon ride had just 3 guests (typically they have 20 per balloon), and our tour was just my friend and I so it was a private tour (when normally it'd be 20+ people in a group). I definitely appreciated the individual attention, but I really hope that tourism picks up again since these great places need the business. Our guide said it was his first tour in 2 months!

All the best to Luxor, Nerfetiti Hotel, Aladin Day Tours and SindBad Balloons! I hope to visit again someday.

Room Tip: I recommend the third floor so that you're close to the rooftop patio!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chantmeow
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2013

Vernal, Utah
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here in early May 2013.

I know this is considered a budget hotel, but the rooms, service, and amenities (rooftop, breakfast, coordinating tours) are much more than budget.

Within the first 5 minutes we were sat down and the owner talked to us about our safety concerns. He really made us feel at ease. He showed us the lockbox they offer for us to put some money and passports or whatnot in. It was very nice for him to sit us down right off the bat and welcome us to Egypt and help us feel safe. Saying that, I always felt safe in this hotel and city. It was a great place.

Now is where Nefertiti went above and beyond. My wife left her wallet (drivers license, some cash, student ID, social security card, everything she needs in life except her passport) in the drawer in the room. We realized it on our drive to Aswan that she forgot it. When we checked our e-mail Nefertiti had already e-mailed us asking us where to send it too. We told them the address of the hotel in Cairo, and it was sent there the next day. The only problem was on our end, we accidentally gave the wrong address, so it was returned to sender. So they sent it to our address in America and it was there by the time we got home from vacation. They really went above and beyond and were prompt with helping us out. I really couldn't be more grateful for their hospitality.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank M R

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed here the end of July 2013. Area was very safe. Highly recommend a vacation here. The staff is extremely helpful and do a great job with tours. Our guide was knowledgable and made sure we saw everything we asked for and more. They went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. The rooftop is wonderful in the evening. I highly recommend their pizza. While protest were going on in Cairo, everything was quiet in Luxor. We flew in and out of Luxor.

Room Tip: If for some reason you don't like your room, just let them know. THey will accommodate you.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 576Traveler

Rosario, Argentina
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Nefertiti is a very cozy and comfortable hotel, it's well-located and the staff is absolutely kind. You can pay everything -room service, restaurant, laundry and tours- by credit card (Argentinians will appreciate this) and the prices are very convenient. I chose this place because of the positive reviews and its wonderful terrace, it's a unique place with an amazing view of Luxor. Also, the tours the offer are great. I would recommend Nefertiti Hotel to my closest friends and family!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Susi426
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2013