“Thank you Nefertiti! Great value! Great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nefertiti Hotel

Nefertiti Hotel
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Cairo, Egypt
“Thank you Nefertiti! Great value! Great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

I was recommended this hotel by both the Lonely Planet and some fellow travellers. I was expecting a great deal and a pretty nice place. It was not only that but it was better than expected on all levels! The location is perfect, right beside the Luxor Temple. The service is more than excellent. Everybody is extremely helpful. A special thank you to Mr. Mohammed Hamza who offered a great help throughout my stay. The room was clean and I had a very nice balcony. The AC was working well and the cleaning every day was flawless. And what can I say about the rooftop terrace overseeing the Luxor Temple and the Nil; splendid!

I truly believe this was the best value I have seen in a very long time. I recommend this place to everybody who wish to experience Luxor with friendly surroundings and a safe feeling.

Thank you very much Nefertiti and please remain as you are. It is rare these days. Once again, thanks to Mohammed Hamza! :-)

JS

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

This place is unreal. When I reached the hotel on arrival, I was greeted by Mohammed, the manager, who offered me tea for refreshment and discussed with me all the private tours he prepared for me in advance. That included visits to temples/tombs in Luxor and also one night in Aswan with his agent so I could visit the famous Abul Simbel. With my experience so far in Cairo and even in Luxor, I was very sceptical about what people offered. However, all the tours that Mohammed organised for me went smoothly without a hitch and was reasonably priced. The room I stayed was spacious and clean. I could even have early breakfast at 6am before the tour started. The staff who worked there were very friendly and they advised me on everything including prices on things, restaurants to go to, local Eqyptian food... and I would only trust these people. There was a restaurant attached to this place where I tasted the beautiful mihallabiya ( milk pudding) - you have to ask the chef cos not on the menu. It's only at this hotel I didn't feel ripped off and I would certainly, sincerely recommend this place to anybody. And do get hold of Mohammed if you require any travelling needs.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Barcelona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

Fisrt time i visited was in 2005 and since then the hotel is more Islamic in many ways which i dont like. They had a nice roof but decided to transform it in a islamic decoration thing (with bad taste).
This is not my Nefertiti hotel i meet in 2005.Now in 2010 is worse.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank CiroBarcelona
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel through a recommendation from a hotel we stayed at in Dahab. We were picked up from the airport in Luxor and taken to the hotel. Although they were renovating it whilst we were there, it didn't take anything away from our stay. The staff were very welcoming and treated us as friends. They were always on hand for any advice or trips we wanted, and the house keeper was really friendly and left our rooms spotless. The food at the hotel was very good, and the rooms were brilliant for a budget hotel. It was in a great location, where you can look out onto Luxor temple from the rooftop terrace. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Luxor.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bluebutterfly_10
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

This hotel has everything you could want. The rooms are lovely, ensuite bathrooms spotless and there is a fantastic roof terrace with beautiful views of the Nile and magnificent food. It is perfectly situated for the sights in Luxor, the town itself and all transport links. However what makes this hotel a real gem are the people who run it. They always have a smile for everyone and we always felt so welcome. They are able to organise anything you could possibly want to do and give you advice on many different aspects of travelling in Egypt, and they will even encourage even the most timid of attempts at Arabic! I could not think of a hotel I would more highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank Spanna94
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

Friendly and attentive staff, great food, good location, excellent value for money. And an outstanding way to experience Egyptian hospitality without the concern of leaving the Western travellers' comfort zone. Excellent in-house tour operator who thinks proactive and responsibly.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank jakubadamowicz
Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

We were surprised about the quite negative reviews on this website. Of course it is bad that they didn't tell they were renovating, but if you look through the mess the hotel is actually quite perfect. The owner was very, very nice to us and really made us feel like home. The newly renovated rooms are quite perfect: beautifully furnished and decorated. Bathroom was also spotlessly clean.The hotel is located almost IN the Souq and right next to Luxor Temple, and next to the ferry landing to the West Bank, which was perfect. I would certainly, definitely, recommend going here after the renovation, which I think will be finished end of August.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple