“THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED”

Queens Valley Hotel Luxor
Ranked #47 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Do not stay here. This place is unbelievably dirty. The 3 star rating is a joke because they do not clean it. I think the place might be nice if the place was clean or the staff was trained in customer service. Our room was not cleaned all at. We look at about 5 rooms and none were cleaned. The sheets were not changed - I was scared to touch the towels. We had to ask about 3 times for new sheets and either they did not understand or pretended not to understand. They wanted us to pay a full extra night to check out late. We said we just wanted to shower before our flight and after our day at the Valley of f the Kings. There was a pool so we asked if they could store our luggage and they would could shower at the pool. They said that was OK. It turned out that the pool bathrooms were too dirty to enter and the showers didn't even work. We have stayed in many cheap, budget, and dirty places, but this place was expensive and the worst I have ever seen. We got booked here as part of a package tour, so make sure you ask the name of the hotel when booking a tour. Obviously, had I read any of the reviews on this site, I never would have stayed here! I wish I had taken photos to post here....

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rcali75

Reviewed 5 December 2010

Been to Egypt four times, we love it, friendly people, guaranteed sun! Remember the culture is haggling, its a way of life there, but all part of the fun!
We found the Queens Valley Hotel really peaceful, clean and friendly; The hotel in our estimation is underated at 3 stars. Would not hesitate to book again tomorrow.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BenjaminBrice
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Stayed there for two nights and that was more than enough. I don't know about the value of the hotel because it was arranged thru our tour company. I'll start with the positives because there's very few: it's location is good because the bazaars are located around the corner and the Luxor temple is within walking distance. Negatives, location. It's close to the bazaars and a mosque and it's noisy. All the time. I didn't so much mind the evening prayers but the ones that started around 4 or 5 am and then every hour after that was hard. The staff didn't really speak English so when you run out of toilet paper or call to let them know that your TV does not work, they tell you break is at 7 and then hangs up. The television and mini-fridge in the room didn't work. The walls of our room was dirty, and the room floor had lots of stains. The bathroom had stains every where as well. The shower curtains was just gross and when you showered and it gets humid... that whole room smelled like pee. The pool on the roof is really quiet and has a nice view of the city, however, I do not recommend using the pool or sitting on the lounge chairs.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Unclean rundown establishment - represents a two star hotel.. staff rude unfriendly following you around watching you constantly like hawks.. the only time the waiters smiled is when they expected tips.. room filthy, towels and beds not changed on daily basis-

Racist staff, we had a few untoward unsavory comments...my teenage girls where constantly harrassed by the male staff..bad location in the middle of nowhere..full of touts that stalked and preyed on you for egyptian pounds as soon as you stepped out of the establishment- nasty hotel.beware

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jop909
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My little brother and I stayed here for one night as part of a tour organised by our hotel in Cairo. We didn't know we'd be staying here and only read the reviews after and I am surprised there are so many bad reviews!
We LOVED the hotel! The rooms were clean with working air con, and the roof terrace with pool and bar were superb. The views over Luxor temple at night, and the sunset across the Nile from there were lovely. Staff were friendly and could not do more to help us.
The only negative comment I could make was that the water in our bathroom was cold. Given that the hotel was half empty though (low season) I reckon they didn't switch it on. We told them and half an hour later we had hot water. The breakfast was also nothing special, but again I wonder if this was due to the fact there were only about 6 guests in the hotel!
Location is excellent - 5 mins walk from Luxor temple, shops, bazaar and a Mcdonalds (haha).
The hotel must be under new management or something as things clearly seem to have changed.
If I returned to Luxor at any point in future I would definitely stay at Queens Valley again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank electro_cutie
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I'm not going to pretend this is the most modern and up-to-date hotel but for the cost and location it was excellent.

Our double room was $32/night and a decent size and clean. The rooftop pool was a nice way to relax after a day at the nearby temples. The hotel is really well located with the Luxor Temple directly opposite.

The staff here are great. In Egypt we were constantly hassled on the street and in Cairo we were hassled constantly by hotel staff. Here the staff were courteous and friendly and provided good advice when we spoke to them. They were not at all pushy which was a welcome relief.

Would definitely stay here again if I ever came back to Luxor.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter R
Reviewed 15 April 2010

we went here in january and our stay at this hotel was fantastic ,nothing was to much truoble for the staff ,issac was brilliant as was all the staff ,if you need anything from going to a cash machine to having a haircut 1 of the friendly staff will take you ,we stayede on bed and breakfast basis ,food was good and if you wanted something more english just ask and they will cook it for you ,this hotel is right in the middle of all the main attractions ,cant wait to go back in october

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple