“excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of The Lantern Room

The Lantern Room
Ranked #1 of 154 Restaurants in Luxor
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Having just returned from 2 weeks in Luxor we ate every night at the Lantern apart from Wednesdays when they are closed. This is an outstanding restaurant which has recently been refurbished and a new extensive menu. Debbie and her staff provide an excellent welcome and the service is of a high quality. The food is equally of a high standard and there is so much choice. At the moment there are not many tourists in Luxor but the lantern was very busy nearly every night and this in its self is a testimony or the quality of this restaurant. Thank you Debbie hope to see you very soon when we are next back in Luxor.

1  Thank benjie3434
There are newer reviews for The Lantern Room

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Fantastic menu of English and Egyptian food,lovely restaurant we highly recommend it,remember to book a table if you can as it gets busy,

1  Thank GeorgeHood
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I specifically wanted to visit this restaurant after reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor. We walked in and 'All 4 One - I Swear' was playing (remember that?).

Many tabled had a 'reserved' sign on, and after it had been a mission to find an open restaurant at lunchtime, I was wondering just how packed it would get in here. Pretty much every table was occupied by the time we left.

The decor is very English as are the people! It seemed we were the only tourists here, and everyone else knew each other and appeared to be expats.

It was almost like being in a scene of Eastenders or Coronation Street, but with a classier backdrop. That is why it felt so 'weird' and surreal! I just didn't expect this in the centre of Luxor of all places.

Moving onto the food.. wow wow wow. Oh I was so happy to come here.. honestly the food is incredible and I wish I was hungrier so I could have eaten more! The restaurant may call itself an English restaurant, but don't be fooled.. the Egyptian menu is awesome. I had a chicken grill which was the best I ate in Egypt.

I wanted to come back here but there was simply no time.

I have to comment the owner of the restaurant. She was so friendly - walking around each table making sure everyone was happy/satisfied. This was reassuring and I wish I could have had a conversation with her, but I was too busy stuffing my face with glorious food!

In summary, visit this restaurant if you're in Luxor - it's a gem.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I wouldn't say we thought The Lantern was the best restaurant in Luxor, but we wouldn't argue with anyone who thought it was. Food was very good, service was excellent, the décor, place settings etc WAS the best, and that's not unimportant. We had a range of dishes between 4 of us, full English (meat pie) through to Egyptian kofta and all were good. Debbie and staff were very friendly. You can't go wrong here, and though it's not the cheapest in Luxor, compared to English prices what could you be complaining about?

1  Thank CityBill
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have "waxed poetic" on many occasions about the culinary delights of The Lantern. Even in today's hard times in Luxor, Debbie still has the winning formula as her success in the restaurant shows. I ate there 8 times in 14 days, it would have been more, but we had to visit friends who live at Karnak. However, we invited them back to the Lantern for a meal as a thank-you for their hospitality, and they were "Over the Moon" as to the quality of the food. Currently, Luxor is at a bit of a crossroads, but The Lantern, with Debbie at the helm is going from strength to strength. I cant wait for October to come, when we visit Luxor again for 3 weeks. From now until then, I am afraid that strict diet rules will apply, as with 3 weeks eating at The Lantern, I anticipate a double figure poundage weight gain. But having said that, who cares, when you eat such superb food!.

2  Thank culinaire2016