“Fabulous Home Cooked Food”
Review of The Lantern Room

The Lantern Room
Ranked #1 of 153 Restaurants in Luxor
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, British, Soups, Egyptian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gloucester, England
“Fabulous Home Cooked Food”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Absolutely fantastic food! The owner Debbie and her staff run one of the best restaurants I have eaten in. The menu is varied from Egyptian food such as tagines to traditional English favorites, including a traditional Sunday roast with the crispiest roast potatoes and fluffiest yorkshire puddings ever.

The prices are extremely reasonable, the portions huge, the quality of ingredients excellent, the service extremely efficient, stylish and impeccably clean . . . there are daily specials and Debbie even gave us free puddings to try - all home made all amazing. I can not fault this restaurant other than I could not manage 3 courses - it was difficult enough to eat just one - but you have to do your best !!!!

Visited May 2014

benjie3434
“excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Having just returned from 2 weeks in Luxor we ate every night at the Lantern apart from Wednesdays when they are closed. This is an outstanding restaurant which has recently been refurbished and a new extensive menu. Debbie and her staff provide an excellent welcome and the service is of a high quality. The food is equally of a high standard and there is so much choice. At the moment there are not many tourists in Luxor but the lantern was very busy nearly every night and this in its self is a testimony or the quality of this restaurant. Thank you Debbie hope to see you very soon when we are next back in Luxor.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank benjie3434
UK
“Food to die for”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Fantastic menu of English and Egyptian food,lovely restaurant we highly recommend it,remember to book a table if you can as it gets busy,

Visited April 2014
1 Thank GeorgeHood
London, United Kingdom
“Weird, but in a great way”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I specifically wanted to visit this restaurant after reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor. We walked in and 'All 4 One - I Swear' was playing (remember that?).

Many tabled had a 'reserved' sign on, and after it had been a mission to find an open restaurant at lunchtime, I was wondering just how packed it would get in here. Pretty much every table was occupied by the time we left.

The decor is very English as are the people! It seemed we were the only tourists here, and everyone else knew each other and appeared to be expats.

It was almost like being in a scene of Eastenders or Coronation Street, but with a classier backdrop. That is why it felt so 'weird' and surreal! I just didn't expect this in the centre of Luxor of all places.

Moving onto the food.. wow wow wow. Oh I was so happy to come here.. honestly the food is incredible and I wish I was hungrier so I could have eaten more! The restaurant may call itself an English restaurant, but don't be fooled.. the Egyptian menu is awesome. I had a chicken grill which was the best I ate in Egypt.

I wanted to come back here but there was simply no time.

I have to comment the owner of the restaurant. She was so friendly - walking around each table making sure everyone was happy/satisfied. This was reassuring and I wish I could have had a conversation with her, but I was too busy stuffing my face with glorious food!

In summary, visit this restaurant if you're in Luxor - it's a gem.

• Visited March 2014
Farnborough
“Yup, a good place to eat in Luxor”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I wouldn't say we thought The Lantern was the best restaurant in Luxor, but we wouldn't argue with anyone who thought it was. Food was very good, service was excellent, the décor, place settings etc WAS the best, and that's not unimportant. We had a range of dishes between 4 of us, full English (meat pie) through to Egyptian kofta and all were good. Debbie and staff were very friendly. You can't go wrong here, and though it's not the cheapest in Luxor, compared to English prices what could you be complaining about?

• Visited April 2014