“Still Number one”
Review of The Lantern Room

The Lantern Room
Ranked #1 of 153 Restaurants in Luxor
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, British, Soups, Egyptian
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
northamtonshire
“Still Number one”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is and as always been the best restaurant in Luxor. The owners Debbie and Nasser have a very extensive and varied menu to suit everyone's tastes. If you for some reason cant find what you want from the menu just ask and Debbie will do her best to make it for you.. We were in Luxor for six weeks and ate here on most days. As my Grandson said why go anywhere else when you can get everything you want here. There is always a specials board with lots of exciting things on it daily. Try the steak and eggs ( wonderful ) also the tempura also amazing. The cherry mouse won my husband over he is still talking about it. Debbie and Nasser are amazing hard working chefs. The Lantern unlike some in Luxor is spotlessly clean and a pleasure to dine in. Debbie as front of house is amazing she makes everyone feel special without being intrusive. If you do go you might need to book as although there are not many tourists now this restaurant can get very busy. It is just across the road from the Sonesta hotel. Enjoy.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank bren9

Des Moines, Iowa
“Perfect Dinner”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had such a nice time at The Lantern and can't recommend it enough. I wish I had discovered it sooner -- I would have had all my dinners here! From the moment I entered, I felt at ease and rather like I was dining with friends. Everything I ordered was delicious and I'm still thinking about that lemon meringue pie. More than the food and the attentive service, though, I appreciated the staff. They were so charming and happy to chat about anything and everything. I have since forgotten his name, but the gentleman from Minnesota who operates the place was so kind. Your neighbor from Iowa says hello!

• Visited July 2014
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Once again we had a fantastic time eating at debbies and nassers restaurant the lantern, we dined there every night and the food was fantastic, my wife anita and i have been to the lantern year after year and i think it gets better every time, the surroundings are very elegant and clean and the food is to die for and not over priced, also debbies staff are very polite and smart, our waiter mamoet is very good at his job, and with the customers this is a fantastic restaurant.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Luxored1
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“BEAUTIFUL!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The Lantern restaurant is definitely THE place to eat in Luxor. The lovely Debbie makes you feel instantly welcome in her very clean & comfortable restaurant, while her husband cooks the most amazing home cooked English, Egyptian & International cuisine. All the food is freshly cooked using quality ingrediants so you can feel very safe that you can enjoy your meal without the worry of an upset tummy later! If what you fancy is not on the menu they will go out of their way to try to accommodate you & nothing is too much trouble.

I really can't stress enough how absolutely delicious the food at The Lantern is & so very reasonably priced too. We will definitely be eating there when we next visit Luxor. Thank you Debbie & Co xx

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic restaurant”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

First time in Luxor and headed to this restaurant when we arrived as it looked amazing and the menu was tempting. The service is excellent, the food is to die for and the prices are very reasonable. Ate here 3 days out of 7 during my one week stay in Luxor with my mum. Everything we ordered was delicious and cooked to perfection. The roast beef dinner was delicious, the beef was so tender that you didnt need a knife... a fork was enough to cut through the soft juicy meat. The lemon meringue is to die for! The atmosphere is excellent and it is an all round brilliant place to eat. Will definitely be back when i next visit luxor!

• Visited July 2014