“GOOD PRICE AND NO WORRIES”

Magic Horizon Hot Air Balloons
Ranked #7 of 33 Outdoor Activities in Luxor
More attraction details
Owner description: WE FLY PASSENGERS INTO THE SUNRISE AND OVER LUXOR, THE BIGGEST OPEN-AIR MUSEUM ON THE PLANET.The magic flight starts before dawn when our staff will pick passengers up at their Luxor accommodation ferry them across the Nile by Felucca motorboat and drive them to the take-off point. Guests will glide up from the West Bank in an expertly piloted balloon and float over Luxor enjoying a bird's eye view of all the important landmarks of the West Bank.
Table Top, New South Wales, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“GOOD PRICE AND NO WORRIES”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The recent downturn in tourism has badly affected all tour operators in Egypt. Especially hot air balloon operators because of the fatal incident a year or so ago. My tour operator in Australia would not handle my flight booking as there are still some insurance details to iron out before they can promote ballooning. I had to book direct with the flight company. However, Magic Horizon Hot Air Ballooning are combatting the downturn in tours with low prices and great service. I was contacted four times before my flight. Once by email and twice by telephone to ensure my booking was confirmed and I was aware of the pick up details. Two of the organisers met me on my cruise boat the night before to arrange payment (credit card OK) and again, to confirm transfers. I was collected from my cruise boat at the arranged time, transferred without incident, had a very enjoyable time and all the way felt safe. With the downturn in tourism and the fact I flew in summer, the usual crowds of 20-30 balloons filled with 20 or so passengers each was reduced to 3 balloons with only 3-4 passengers. If there is a negative, there were no toilets available that I could see. However, highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank DavidBallard_13
MagicBalloons, Director of Sales at Magic Horizon Hot Air Balloons, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Your kind words are much appreciated and help us to do always better.
THANK YOU!

Brisbane, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Glad I went”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I went in February just prior to the terrible accident. I feel sorry for all those who were employed in Luxor. I was impressed with their efficiency in picking me up and going across to the west bank to our balloon. It was an amazing sight to see the balloon and all the others going up. Apparently it was cancelled the day before because of the wind so there were lots of balloons in the air. To see the west bank from an amazing perspective was incredible. It was worth waking up so early. I am glad I did it.

1 Thank Karen K
MagicBalloons, Director of Sales at Magic Horizon Hot Air Balloons, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Karen, We thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review and hope that we will another opportunity to welcome you in the future.
Conegliano, Italy
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Incredible peace”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

While in Hurgada I decided to spend a couple of days in Luxor. On the morning of my second day I went for a balloon ride. My sister insisted I used Magic Horizon Balloons. She spent many holidays in Luxor, flew with some of the companies over there and said that Magic Horizon was the best organized and insured.
They were on time and everything was very well organized indeed. We crossed the Nile by boat and were offered coffee and tea with biscuits. While enjoying that I was asked to carefully read and sign a waiver with health and safety instructions. Details of what was and was not expected and of the landing position were also written. The pilot also gave us a briefing.
The flight was stunning, a gentle float, that incredible peace was only interrupted by the voice of the pilot pointing out the sights for us and the sky kept changing colors until the sun came out. It was really magical and I wouldn’t miss it having the opportunity to do it.

Visited February 2013
MagicBalloons, Director of Sales at Magic Horizon Hot Air Balloons, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you!
Your words encourage us to always do a better work.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Safety--- 32 onboard when 24 is supposed to be the limit.”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I was on a Magic Horizons Balloon the day before the accident. I had read that each basket carries between 4 and 24 people. Guess what? They don't adhere to the 24 rule. They addded an extra person in each of the 8 cubicles--we were 8 over the limit. Knowing what I know now I would not do it again. THis is what happens when the economy is in the tank, businesses and people scramble to make a buck and take shortcuts. I did enjoy the ride but not again.

2 Thank Paul S
MagicBalloons, Director of Sales at Magic Horizon Hot Air Balloons, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Dear Paul S.
We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to once again clarify that hot air balloons are one of the safest forms of flying/transport.
Your comment "not again" cannot have been made out of fear for accidents otherwise that would mean for you to avoid all type of planes and possibly boats, trains, cars which every single day are cause for numerous terrible deaths…
On the other end, no matter where in the world, you would miss the opportunity to experience something unique and beautiful. Something that you have enjoyed, as you stated… and it is a magical experience!
Surely your comment was more a cry of despair, shock for what happened the other day; we understand, we are all devastated! Our staff, strong men that work so hard, were crying like children and not because they were thinking that they will have no job and no money to feed their families.
As for our balloons, we have baskets of different sizes carrying from 2 to 28 people, as clearly stated on our web site. The big one is actually manufactured for carrying 32 but we never do that, the Civil Aviation Authority guys are there to check that and they are very careful.
Your “24 rule” is clearly misleading wherever you read it from.
By the way, due to strong wind, we did not fly on the day before the accident.
Cairo, Egypt
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Breath Taking ....”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is a must trip in Luxor ... you will enjoy the view from up above. Go with your significant other as you will be very close to each other throughout the flight .................

Visited March 2012