“As usual, excellent food”
Review of The Talisman

The Talisman
Ranked #2 of 628 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Featuring carved wooden pillars from Pakistan, elegant Afghan rugs, charming fireplaces, sprawling terraces and idyllic gardens, The Talisman blends fine dining with unbridled eclecticism. We have made every effort to create the ideal ambience for those seeking a candle-lit romantic dinner, a casual evening drink with friends, an outdoor lunch with family and everything in between ~ And all this is complemented by distinguished service from our cordial staff.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The food is fabulous and the variety of the lunch and dinner meals is extraordinary. The wine cellar is exquisite and we never have been disappointed the selection and quality of good wines. You must adapt to the crowd at the bar which can be quite noisy sometimes though. The restaurant owner should think about separating the bar from the restaurant it might help to have a wonderful atmosphere for those who want to enjoy the lovely prepared food.

Christine N, Guest Relations Manager at The Talisman, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Peter W, thank you for your kind review.

We're so glad you enjoyed your visit to the restaurant with regards to the food and wine. We appreciate your input regarding the separation of the bar from the restaurant, it will help us to make Talisman an even better experience for everyone. Karibu!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

2 return visits for Saturday lunch since my last review at the beginning of May have now confirmed this restaurant's deserved reputation for excellent food and service, and I think it has become our favourite Nairobi restaurant. We're still totally hooked on the Asian dishes on the menu and have again enjoyed the divine Prawn Tempura, plus Deluxe Mixed Platter (Sushi) and some daily specials such as Seared Tuna, Lobster Ceviche and Asian-style Soft Shell Crab. I can also recommend the following wines for easy drinking and perfectly accompanying Asian-style food: Bellingham Rosé (by the glass or bottle) and Boschendal Pavilion Shiraz Rosé. Apart from good food and service, the great outdoor and indoor seating and relaxed atmosphere add to the enjoyment and make this a special venue not to be missed.

Thank you very much Cornelia B for your return visits to the restaurant. We're glad that you were willing to give us a second try after your first TripAdvisor review on Talisman and that we managed to exceed your expectation and have become your firm favorite Nairobi Restaurant. Thanks for the specific comments and recommendations on our food and drinks. Hope to see you back soon. Karibu!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I wasn't expecting to eat at such a lovely place but was treated. The food is mouth wateringly delicious as is the wine and the location/atmosphere is second to none. World class food at well under London prices. If you miss this place you really do miss out.

1  Thank Nina M
Christine N, Guest Relations Manager at The Talisman, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thanks Ninam! We're so glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and our amazing wine list. Delighted that you found our food World Class. Thanks again for your visit, we hope you'll visit any time you're in Nairobi.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The coriander and Feta samosas are fantastic ! Service is always friendly and it's a treat to come here when visiting Nairobi.

Thanks very much! We're delighted you've enjoyed our signature feta samosas and friendly staff and look forward to seeing you again. It is a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I went to Talisman years ago for dinner and remember I loved everything about it: the food, the drinks, the atmosphere and the service. I went back for lunch yesterday and very much enjoyed the experience, but I didn't enjoy what I ordered... I ordered a meal salad because I love salads and was in the mood for one, but they brought me a rather disappointing collection of cold salad-like appetizers; only the lettuce mix, "mini salad" was truly tasty.

I'd be fantastic if they had a couple of real meal salads in the menu, with goat cheese and nuts and mixed greens (the dressing in the mini salad was good).

The service was excellent, though, and everything else was very good. The feta and spinach samosas are delicious, and so is the Talisman burger (I was lucky that my companion offered me a bit of what he ordered) and the beef. The desserts and coffee were great too (we had espressos and shared an apple-almonds pudding w ice cream).

1  Thank PaulaNairobi2014

Dear PaulaNairobi2014, we are so glad you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant. We have passed your comments regarding the meal salads to the kitchen crew to see what we can do to improve this for the future. Thanks for the feedback, and please come again soon!