“Ethiopan Food at its' best”
Review of Habesha

Habesha
Ranked #10 of 589 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Good service, clean restaurant and good atmosphere. We have regular dined here and cannot fault it. The food is delicious, portions are generous and the quality is one of the best. They take special care of their customers.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Habesha was my first time having Ethiopian food, so I can't compare it to other Ethiopian restaurants in Nairobi or otherwise, but I really, really enjoyed it. They have outdoor seating as well as indoor. We sat inside and the seating area didn't really feel like a restaurant (also, we were the only ones sitting inside) but the outdoor area looked quite nice.

The food is so incredible and delicious! 2 dishes (about 900ksh each) shared amongst 3 people was just over the perfect amount to make us all very, very full. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Habesha is the best Ethiopian food I've ever had. I'm a vegetarian, and the combination of their vegetarian plate and shiro is phenomenal, and I take everyone who comes to visit me in Nairobi to Habesha without fail. All of my housemates love the place as well, and it's something we look forward to every week. Great experience overall!

1  Thank Ravi R
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great place to eat. Love Ethiopian food, and the Shiro here is fantastic. Great outdoor seating, excellent place for bigger groups.

Whenever I am in Nairobi, I make a point of eating here.

1  Thank PedroCanuck
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I live 5min away from this place, so visit it fairly often. It's got lots of secure parking and the restaurant itself is huge. You have options to sit inside, in small private corners, open areas, sports area (with live football DSTV) and it's all in a pretty lush green surrounding. There are several fire pits on the go (in the evening) and that adds to a lovely atmosphere (as well a keeps you warm)

Food is standard Ethiopian food, not mind blowing! But still tasty and fresh! It's well prices and this is probably the main reason why it's always got a good mixed crowd of expats and locals.

Try the honey wine, around 600/700ksh a bottle and is something you don't get in many places. I love the stuff!!

They have sinks to wash your hands (since you eat with your fingers) and the toilets are clean.

Service is mixed as the waiters mix things up fairly often, so always double check your orders and get your bill 10/20min before you want to leave.

Don't expect the world, but if you're looking for a relaxed restaurant with good food (perfect for sharing) and a great atmosphere, then go here!! Food is well priced and so are the drinks! try that honey wine ;)

Enjoy x

Ohhh... Price? Expect to pay around 500/1000 per person if in a group and you share some food and have a few drinks (beers/honey wine). Mains are around 600/900 and can easily be shared (depending how hungry you are and if its vegetarian or not) Many tasty vegetarian options available for all you non meat eaters!

1  Thank MrAyeAyeOptimistic