“Good food but poor hygiene and horrible service.”
Review of Habesha

Habesha
Ranked #7 of 573 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We would joke with friends that the food at Habesha must be really great because we keep going back inspite of the bad service and poor hygiene. But yesterday it stopped being funny.The waiters are usually rude but this time, we got one who yelled at us. Then they loaded stuff on our bill that we had not taken. When we complained about all this, the owner and a bunch of staff members yelled obscenities at us and roughed up my friend. It was horrible. Go there at your own risk.

There are newer reviews for Habesha

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was my first taste of Ethiopian cuisine. Located in the suburbs of Nairobi the rooms are basic and relatively clean. The mixed curry plate served on injera accompanied by a glass of cold Stoney, was magnificent. Definitely recommended if you want authentic African cuisine.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Food is awesome to my tongue and the prices are, although recently increased, still in good relation to what you get. Service is terrible unfortunately and it's easy to run into staff telling you even on a late evening, that you can't sit on the table near the only fire pot although it's cold and the restaurant empty - bc the owner might come later and would want to sit there..
That's the opposite of what you expect in a service oriented business. Anyway, it's like the common kitchen one usually ends his day and so we always go back and enjoy the food without taking offense by the rude staff.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

While I seek to help folks in their travels this review is more a reminder to me so I won't forget this incredible place. I asked the waitress to surprise me. What followed was a colorful array of vegetation and flesh. Every bite was a reminder of just how great life can be when you give yourself a chance to enjoy it. I can't tell you exactly what I had but it was a combination of greatness. It tasted like the chef loved me. In the end I loved her/him more. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

A friend recommended Habesha and it was definitely worth the visit! I recommend going with a larger group, because most of the dishes are communal and big enough to feed at least four people. We got two platters of a mixture of food and still had leftovers with more than eight people.