“Good Place for Japanese Food”
Review of Misono

Misono
Ranked #27 of 609 Restaurants in Nairobi
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I had some business guests who wanted original Japanese food. After bringing them to Misono, Chef Song and his team delivered beyond expectations. I loved the tempura (veg and non veg) and they loved the sushi.

I like the interiors though we sat out in the smoking section. Chilly winds, great wine and good food - a good way to spend an evening. If you want any special foods or need any clarification, just ask for Chef Song, he will be able to assist you in all ways. He helped me out with my selections :)

Thanks to the entire team for making it an amazing experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

The new Misono Restaurant in Nairobi is very nice, modern and stylish, but still kept the traditional japanese/korean style. After moving the old Misono to the new place in the Green House we have been there for a dinner. The food was as usual very good and healthy and comes in a big variety. I do not know Nairobi so well, but as a visitor from Mombasa, the place was very impressive. But for sure for me the Mombasa Misono is the best Restaurant at the Coast.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Great service and great food. Thanks Abraham and the team ! The welcoming and awesome ambiance of your new location keep us coming back.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

As a disclaimer, I've only eaten here once, but the service was really slow and we were brought the wrong order and spent 5 minutes arguing back and forth before they agreed to bring us the correct order. The food was also really expensive and not very good. There are much better sushi places in Nairobi like Sushi Soo or Furusato.

1  Thank Jason L
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Decided to try Misono at it's new location in Greenhouse for a business lunch. Massively surprised by the freshness, flavours and quantity. Snapper with avocado teriyaki sauce was excellent, as were the prawn dumplings. I always leave the Miso soup, but for once I enjoyed this version. Will definitely be going back.