“overwhelming experience”

Fogo Gaucho
Ranked #3 of 609 Restaurants in Nairobi
Price range: US$200 - US$250
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fogo Gaucho is Nairobi's Favourite Steakhouse set up in a beautiful ambience that gives a feel as though you are in a corner of South Brazil. If you are looking for a prime dining experience in a stylish, ambient environment either for a family outing, business lunch meeting or office party, Fogo Gaucho offers top class service to fit any occasion and a playground for children everyday.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

i love to eat great food! i didn't know i could be overwhelmed by amazing food until i tried Brazilian. I ate with my eyes, i think i ate with all my senses :) the food was amazing! been there twice and each time the all you can eat meat overwhelms me.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We went there for my partner's birthday and it was delightful but a filling experience. There is so much delicious meat to choose from and I would definitely suggest hitting the salad bar (which , unlike Carnivore, is well-provided for). The staff is friendly and efficient.

The way it works is that you have to switch a card/coaster which has a green light, meaning "bring me meat", or a red light, meaning "stop, I'm full and need a break/drink". And use it wisely, if your card is green, they'll rush and the food will keep coming, it you turn it to red (which we did regularly), make sure to only switch it back to green when you are ready to eat, not just thinking "maybe".

But the food is superb! The meat is delicious and tender. I personally wasn't a fan of the crocodile meat but my partner was. All of that is topped with a roasted pineapple desert, peppered with cinnamon, which is delicious and supposedly aids digestion.

The wine was pricey but decent for Nairobi. There is a desert menu but it is completely superfluous as, unless you're an ogre, I cannot see how you would have the room for them.

Great experience! A must-try in Nairobi!

1  Thank Pascal G
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My family booked a table for lunch and we were advised that lunch was running til 4:00pm only to battle and reach there at 3:30pm where a waiter rudely told us they were closed.
I have moved our staff lunches to another restaurant that appreciates its customers.
What a disappointment!

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Every time I eat at Fogo gaucho i leave a happy fulfilled customer.There is always fresh salads,well glazed juicy meat served hot,and exceptional service.You eat all meat you can for a price of only 30 dollars.However the road to the restaurant’s entrance is normally blocked by the many Public vehicles (matatu )that drop passengers at Westlands stage..but after you get your way to the Fogo the Party begins.Awesome place,good meat and their cinnamon sprinkled pineapples after meals seals the deal for me & hubby all the time!!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is similar to the Carnivore restaurant, both having adopted the Brazilian style / way of serving food with waiters bringing skewers of meat (all types but not so much game) to you table on an ongoing basis. Lovely atmosphere, food tasted great and enjoyable atmosphere. Think its better than Carnivore (Nairobi) from a food perspective.