Tribe Hotel
US$167
US$120
US$78
1,047 results
All reviewsvillage marketkaya spajiko restaurantafrican artboutique hotelshopping mallunited nationsbeautiful hotelfourth floorcommon areasrooftop barmy colleaguebusiness tripnairobi trafficlong flightembassieskenya
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I haven't stayed in the hotel itself, but I use the restaurant in the basement quite often. The food is delicious, the staffs are very polite and courteous and service is great.
I order my cakes there also, I must say, their white chocolate is the creamiest, most tasty I have had without it being sugary. Chef Anne made really good cakes for me and my daughter and even replaced a cake that didn't taste exactly as I wanted . The price is on the high end , but for the service and quality , it is worth it!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have stayed at Tribe on several occasions on transit for business and always make it my first choice. With a hectic schedule I find Tribe a haven of peace in Westlands where the service and food are excellent so I don't have any stress. I find the decor outstanding and unique so you don't feel like you are in a hotel that is the same as many others. With the stressful travles I often go to Kaya spa which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND……I have had spa treatments all over the world and this is certainly up there with the best of them. Also important to me because of the work I do is that the environment is safe and secure…..with embassies and the UN as neighbors Tribe is situated in a safe neighborhood. Additionally, as a single woman traveler going out late at night or for meals can be difficult, but with the nearby village Market shopping centre within the same premises as Tribe it offers alternatives to the hotel while remaining secure. I just think this is an excellent all round option!

Room Tip: I had a problem with internet in one of the rooms on the floor below ground. I am not sure that this is deu to that (I doubt due to the level of service) or that I just had a particular problem that day.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

It was really a wonderful stay with your hotel, except the two facts below:
1) When I checked in, the refregirator was not working. I asked the reception to fix it, and upon confirmation of repaird done, I went back to my room but it was not working again.
2) When I checked in, a small amount of water was constantly running in the toilet. I asked the reception to fix it and the repair man came and I was told that it repaired. However, when I went back to the room, I saw that the repair was not complete; less amount of water was still running making sound which may disturb my sleep during the night. I asked the repair and this time I thought it was completely fixed. To my biggest disappointment, it was not the case. On the 3rd night, the water pipe of the toilet exploded at 3:00 am in the night. I was waken up due to the big noise, and I immediately called the reception. The guy was not rude but not apologetic either. I was the one suffering, but he treated the case as if it is my problem, and no apology. At 3:20, a repair man came and started to repair, but seeing as at 4:00 it requring more time, I told the repair man to give up and suggested both of us go back to bed, saying I would survive without shower in the following morning.
Having said above, however, the quality of your hotel was superb and would like to come back when I have a chance to visit Nairobi again. I therefore kindly advise that the maintenance is made with more carefulness. Thank you

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Masahiro K
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very skilled and excellent staff! Mark this hotell if you´re into business or need the little extra when you stay in Nairobi. Excellent rooms with great bathrooms, great lobby and outside areas for relaxed hours.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2014

A nice hotel, good services, very helpful personnel and staf. It is a bit expensive, but is conveniently located (for those having things to do around Westlands), it is located within a shopping centre where there are some good eating places (with very decent prices and a choice of tastes). We had a very good stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple