Tribe Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$227
US$301
US$244
Trip.com
1,029 results
All reviewsvillage marketkaya spajiko restaurantafrican artboutique hotelshopping mallunited nationsbeautiful hotelfourth floorcommon areasrooftop barmy colleaguebusiness tripnairobi trafficlong flightembassieskenya
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

It was a comedy of errors from the moment we checked in to where we are here a few hours later.
It started at check in where the twin room requested was not ready (nor did the reception staff seem aware of it)! We were then hassled a lot about paying our room in advance (never did that before so didn't understand why they requested it) we went to the spa (again had booked treatments in advance but didn't receive confirmation). The treatments were terrible including a Brazilian that left my pal in tears. I returned to request our room key after an hour at the spa again to be hassled by reception. Ignored it and went upstairs. No bags. Apparently they had been sitting outside for an hour and noone thought to put them in our room. Several phone calls later the bags are in the room.
I then go and pay reception to get them off my case. On my return from the gym I tried to take a shower in the room but the door didn't close (it was broken - something they didn't check when they were "preparing" the room!)
We have been moved again (after pulling teeth with reception to sort it out)! All this when w are only staying a night! What a nightmare.

The only good thing was the gym trainer who knows his stuff and helped me with core exercises. Also peninah the supervisor who had the good grace to apologise and see if there was anything she could do. Lets see how the next 12hours go....can't wait to escape to the coast now. What a shame Tribe. You should be much better than this particularly given the cost and fancy decorations.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Hanahtarifa
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Can highly recommend Tribe hotel both for business and pleasure! Excellent service from a friendly staff, enjoyable roof terrace where you can enjoy a drink. Situated next to Village Market, a great shopping centre with restaurants and cinemas.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rina K
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We usually stay at the Norfolk whilst in Nairobi and this was a first for us. The location was excellent in relation to the shopping centre. I was not impressed with our first room offered, down in the basement - coming out of the room was the glass gym! Then there was building work on show. It felt like I was down in the dungeon! The room upstairs was better. I am not a fan of trying to be trendy - when it doesnt quite work.
The shower ran into the loo area & when you are in the shower - you can see the person from the room (just dont have guests over!)
Breakfast - this was average - nothing special. When we reported to breakfast - we were told "have a nice breakfast" It was up to us to find a vacant table! this is not 5 star service.
Overall it was a nice stay - would i go back? No, I think the staff know about service and how to look after guests at The Norfolk - so that's where my custom will go.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Twigstock
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here for a period of 3 months and then another 2 months in 2013 and 2014. The staff here are great - very helpful and kind. The internet in some of the rooms is spotty, and the hotel needs to invest in new pepper shakers, but besides that, there's really very little to complain about!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank S J
Reviewed 25 February 2014

gets tedious as place to live. Initial impression is one of awe, incredible sculpture throughout, spacious interior, personable staff and great ambiance. After a week or two, which is the norm for the visiting dignitary or evacuated aid worker, the decor goes to overwhelming. Pluses: food, staff, sculpture, shisha on the roof. Negatives: techno music 24/7, awkward room layout, impractical furniture and furnishings, distance from so much else in Nairobi.

Room Tip: facing the pool side, other side has harsh lighting and noise from Village Market parking lot .
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business