“Avoid!”

Neighbourhood: Nairobi Central Business District
Melbourne, Australia
“Avoid!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have no idea why this was highly reviewed online, but we would avoid at all cost. bad food, empty atmosphere, terrible service. We were charged for corked wine despite explaining the wine was off and could not be touched.

• Visited September 2013

Qatar
“Authentic Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Except the waiters/Waitresses, everything is Chinese (Not fake, I swear). Even the TV channels show Chinese programs (you kidding me!!). But on a serious note, the food is seriously good (I have only eaten the Halal food, so cant comment on Pork and other stuff).

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Shahzad K
Callaway, Minnesota
“Wonderful restaurant for a change of pace”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Whenever I travel and I do get a little burned out on the local fare sometimes, I seek out ethnic food and most often, it is Chinese food that fits the bill. And the Panda fits those cravings to a T with excellent food in a most relaxed and comforting setting.

The layout of the restaurant is so nice with little nooks and crannies it makes for a meal with that is laid back and at ease with the surroundings. The food was all served so fresh and hot and while no Gai Lan, my favorite vegetable it was all very good. My soup choice is always hot and sour and while this was very good, it was not quite a 10 in my estimation. I like to try many different things and while maybe too much for one sitting, it always makes the take away good for another meal warmed up later.

I enjoyed the Panda so much I made a return visit and when again in Nairobi, for sure the Panda will be on my list of restaurants.

The staff was also very efficient and friendly and I liked having one waiter the whole time instead of many different wait staff as then the orders might get a little confused.

• Visited March 2013
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Excellent Chinese Food!”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is my favourite restaurant in Nairobi; all time favourite! Great service,and even more, awesome food and drinks. My wife and i had our engagement dinner here (60+ guests) and the management pulled all stops to make the day memorable for all! We always visit this restaurant even on a whim!

• Visited July 2012
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
“Good Ambiance”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Tucked away in the Nairobi CBD, Panda Restaurant is a hidden gem once you discover it. A narrow flight of stairs leads to a beautifully ambianced restaurant with soft soothing music playing in the background. Their food is also delicious and service is quick and courteous.

As you plan to visit, It will do you good to note that the prices on the menus (both food and drink) do not include taxes and service charges. I felt that this is quite odd given that for most if not all establishments in Kenya, what you see is what you pay.

Being conveniently located, it is at a nice place to wait the traffic jam away.

• Visited May 2013