“Bad Food. An insult to the grand old Alan himself.”

Alan Bobbe's Bistro
Ranked #430 of 572 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This restaurant was very bad. I have been going their since my first date and enjoying the fantastic Onion Soup and the Petit Pot Du Creme Au Chocolat. There was nothing worth putting a second fork or spoon in. This restaurant will probably close down in no time

1  Thank PankajMoyo
There are newer reviews for Alan Bobbe's Bistro

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Having been to this restaurant several times over the years I had looked forward to returning. Although the venue has changed, and isn't much in comparison to where it used to be, the food had remained very good, until this trip. The last time I went there I had the confit de canard with dauphinoise potato, as it was such a lovely memory I ordered it again. Not a great idea, the duck skin was soft and wet, and the dauphinoise were dry. Although the starters were good, the main was a huge let down. The service isn't great either anymore. I don't know who is running the place these days, but they really don't seem to have any idea of what good, proper, french cooking is, which is a shame, as previously they had it down to near perfection. I can't say we will be going back again, there were too many things wrong with too many of the orders to say it was a one off. Which, sadly, means that there is no longer a good french restaurant in Nairobi.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Having heard so much about Alan Bobbe's Bistro in the past it was with great sadness that we had one of the the worst meals I think I have ever had in Kenya. Basically, everything was wrong!! The service was shocking and they had no idea what wine they had and then when we ordered, they said that they didn't have any until one of the party went to the bar and got a bottle of what we wanted. I ordered a medium rare T bone which came well done. One of the sea food dishes had really off prawns and well, I for one will not be going back again. Its a real shame. Alan would be turning in his grave if he knew hiw name was still associated with such a rubbish restaurant.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

When we last ate at Alan Bobbe's, a couple of years ago, the food was excellent; had the restaurant had more character and more diners, we would certainly have returned sooner. However, having re-visited the restaurant for a friend's birthday, it is safe to say we will not be back. Whilst the starters were pleasant, the main courses were an absolute let down. The duck confit had a slightly soggy skin and was served with dry dauphinoise potatoes and a serving of ratatouille that overpowered the duck. A medium rare steak came so well done that we sent it back; the subsequent steak was cooked better, but the meat was a poor cut. Finally, my husband's seafood dish was also returned since the prawns were significantly past their use by date! He ordered a steak instead, thinking this would be quick, but ended up eating as the rest of the group's plates were taken away. Overall,poor food, poor service and pretty high prices for Nairobi. A real shame to see the standards of such a long standing restaurant slip so far.....

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at Andrews Apartments and therefore sampled pretty much everything on the menu. In general it is akin to the usual mid range hotel fayre. Not a great selection of wine, or anything for that matter. Since it is out of the way and never seems to be that busy. The starters are better than the main meals, obviously food is prepared in advance and chilled / frozen before cooking or re-hearing for service. That said, it's a fine place if you want some privacy and the waiting staff are friendly.