“Zoo in the National Park”

Nairobi Safari Walk
Ranked #48 of 220 Tours in Nairobi
Houston
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Zoo in the National Park”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Granted, I arrived on an warm afternoon when most of the animals were seeking shade, but the artificiality of the walk coupled with the sparsity of animals was a bit disappointing, especially for $20. It was a Friday and it seemed the local teens found a meet up spot within the walk. Everywhere couples were snuggling in the shadows. I did get to see the lions and the leopard, giraffe, zebra in their respective enclosures and even some dik dik wandering in the forest. I really wanted to visit the animal nursery that day as well, but their CC swipe was not connecting and it was teeming with school kids.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank dive2live

• Turkish first
Kigali, Rwanda
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Trumps without the bumps”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

For $20 you can experience wild life in a calm and beautiful environment. Taking your time reading the signs and enjoying the moment. I did a safari in the masai mara and though you see larger numbers of animals I found the mara too vast - the safari walk is still a lovely experience every time I go... definitely worth it. Lions, leopards, cheetahs, rhinos, gazelles, hyenas, monekys, baboobs, zebras its all in here and the best part its right in the city! Canopy walkways bordering the park and the orientation of viewing decks make it a scenic walk with the added advantage of animals lazying and waiting to be admored. Warning: it starts slow and some days lions stay in forest.

Visited August 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“GREAT”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Such an exquisite place, no other capital in the world can rival this scenic place especially if you love nature in the real sense of nature

Visited July 2013
1 Thank juanmuriango
nairobi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Did anyone have to pay 40,000KSH to touch the cheetahs?”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Hi,

I see many great photos of being able to touch the cheetahs, was there an additional fee to do this? I called up the general line today and was told that it is illegal to touch the cheetahs, however if I pay 40,000KSH then they would allow me to. I thought that seemed very strange and very expensive!

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank scarlett c
South B, Nairobi, Kenya
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Casual Afternoon”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I visited Nairobi Safari Walk with a number of my friends on a Sunday afternoon after church. It was a pleasant day and we a large group of young (18 - 26yrs) people.

Now thinking about it, I can say it was fun. It really depends on who you go with. There really isnt much to do, but with fun pals it became wildly fun.

The walkway is large enough to accommodate large groups of people easily, the animals were fun to watch, there were many informative signs and billboards that kept us interested, all-in-all it was a nice way to spend a random afternoon.

I'd recommend this place for any person who has nothing to do on a lovely afternoon. Nothing spectacular EXCEPT HEARING THE LION ROAR!!!! THAT. WAS. FANTASTIC.

Visited July 2012

Been to Nairobi Safari Walk? Share your experiences!