“A great place to start”

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to start”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I wanted the chance to see some animals that I had never had the chance to see before, before going on a driving Safari. This seemed the perfect place to start. I thought it was great value, my guide was outstanding and the animals seemed well cared for. I do however have one piece of advice - arrive early! Many animals are naturally nocturnal and will be sleeping by mid-morning. I arrived at 9.15 am and got a splendid tour with superb opportunities to see, learn about and photograph all the animals. The guided walk took around an hour at which point I repeated the route alone. It was noticeable that some of the animals, particularly the hyenas and lions had all but disappeared under trees in their enclosure - as they would in the wild. I would also advise taking advantage of the knowledgeable guides who not only pass on interesting information but also helped out with spotting the well hidden leopard at the top of the tree. I would never have seen him otherwise.

Visited January 2014

• Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Breathtaking Scenery in the city”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I was looking for photos of great parks and recreational centres within the city, and the Safari Walk was of course, on my list of must-visit places. It took me about 30 minutes (give or take a few) from the Bus Station, aboard a matatu (public service van) plying the 15 route. Since the road was still under construction, there was traffic build up about a kilometre from the KWS Headquarters.
The hustle was worth it. Boardwalks, lots of them, lead to and from fenced off sections inhabited by the park’s wildlife. My first sighting was a hippo, basking in the sun. It’s torso shiny like it had just come out of the pond. Through the trees, in pin-drop silence, I came across plaques with snippets of information about wildlife, plants and the environment.
I also saw a giraffe, monkeys and a cheetah among other animals. Sadly, the leopard IGNORED everyone, even the guide. I would have loved to see it in action, say, tearing the chunk of meat in its cage. Instead, it slept.
I took my disappointment elsewhere, hoping maybe, just maybe, a cheetah or lion would give me some excitement. Luckily, I saw a cheetah, from a viewing deck with a glass screen. No lion though. I got close to a monkey. It was the highlight of my day.
The forests, the scenery and view of park next door were magical. The walkways burnt calories all the way to the bone and the peaceful atmosphere was heavenly!
It is a great place to visit on weekends, for some fresh air away from the smoke filled city. It is also an excellent venue to catch up with a friend because you cannot run out of walkways before your stories. If you are looking for the wild side of Kenya such as hundreds of animals, you won’t get it here. But you will carry with you memories of a great day in an idyllic location.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Leah W
Nairobi, Kenya
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome sightseeing i say”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is a great and awesome place to visit,after my Christmas holiday i decided before backing to job i should visit this area and it happened just as i planned it.i was here before but by then i was young.This round i had no hurry and i got to study a lot about animals and plants.The botanical names of the two animal and plants was awesome.

I here by recommend this place to all people with spare time and interested in gaining general knowledge to visit Nairobi safari walk and they will definitely have great moments over there.

Great memories are created by great moments,...here you will get the two just make sure you visit.wishing all great time here.congrates to European whom funds this great place.

warm regards
david.

Visited January 2014
Houston
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Zoo in the National Park”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Granted, I arrived on an warm afternoon when most of the animals were seeking shade, but the artificiality of the walk coupled with the sparsity of animals was a bit disappointing, especially for $20. It was a Friday and it seemed the local teens found a meet up spot within the walk. Everywhere couples were snuggling in the shadows. I did get to see the lions and the leopard, giraffe, zebra in their respective enclosures and even some dik dik wandering in the forest. I really wanted to visit the animal nursery that day as well, but their CC swipe was not connecting and it was teeming with school kids.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank dive2live
Kigali, Rwanda
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Trumps without the bumps”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

For $20 you can experience wild life in a calm and beautiful environment. Taking your time reading the signs and enjoying the moment. I did a safari in the masai mara and though you see larger numbers of animals I found the mara too vast - the safari walk is still a lovely experience every time I go... definitely worth it. Lions, leopards, cheetahs, rhinos, gazelles, hyenas, monekys, baboobs, zebras its all in here and the best part its right in the city! Canopy walkways bordering the park and the orientation of viewing decks make it a scenic walk with the added advantage of animals lazying and waiting to be admored. Warning: it starts slow and some days lions stay in forest.

Visited August 2013