“A lovely hotel but the staff really need to learn some manners and customer service skills”
Review of Ole Sereni

Ole Sereni
Ranked #17 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This is my very first review ever and the only reason im writing this is because we were so dissapointed!!!!!!

We have checked in here for two days. On arrival they could not find our booking and it took over 1/2 hr to check in once we had finally checked in we were taken to our rooms which were nice although the beds are very hard, the small balcony is in fact just a window with no where to stand and the rooms are quite compact with very thin walls.

We ordered food from the restaurant which was not the best and even though we all left most of our food they didn't ask why and when we mentioned it they only removed one meal leaving the rest on our bill when we mentioned this to the waitress who wasn't very pleasant she just shrugged and said she wouldn't do it which was a shame as the service was also very slow and we kept having to get the staffs attention rather than them coming to check on us.

We had an extra guest on one of the nights and asked for them to provide us an extra bed in one of the two rooms however after much complication over if we really were staying in the rooms?even though they had all our details and we only checked in a few hrs before we were told we could not have an extra bed even though it states you can at an extra charge ( which we were happy to pay for) when we finally got the bed it was one in each room rather than one which they wanted to charge us for I had to ring reception 3 times and after 3/4 of an hr and being asked if we wanted yet another bed ( yes three instead of two it was finally sorted at nearly 1am)

The next morning my family went down for breakfast leaving me in bed as we had only paid for 4 people and there were 5 of us as I wanted a lye in. When they got to the breakfast room they were told they would have to pay extra as there was an extra person even though I was not there and there were only 4 of them And after the deliberation with the waitress who clearly couldn't count that there were only 4 instead of 5 my mum had to go and complain to reception and luckily the lady who checked us in yesterday was on reception and very helpful and only then were they allowed to eat breakfast.

We are on night 2 now so I will let you know how it goes but overall very unimpressed as the surroundings are beautiful it's just a shame the staff let it down so much I was meant to be coming back here with a big group next Christmas and when we first arrived we thought it was amazing however 24hrs later it's a completely different story a real shame!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Loops123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Booking in seemed to take forever, but the staff did try to help.
The room, 322, had a good view over the National Park towards the water hole. However unlike Sweetwater this has no lighting so once it is dark there is little to see.
The room is above the terrace so some noise does drift up to you, but it's not too bad.
Second best room we had on our Safari, and better than the noisy one we stopped at originally, plus it is very handy for the airport.
Yes, as a stop-over it was good.

Room Tip: Room 322, was ok for us.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DandHH
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Hotel looking onto the National Park, some rooms overlook the national park ait far and you will be lucky to spot some wild animals.
The hotel is just about 15 minutes drive from the airport but a bit far from the city center.
The rooms are excellent, good amount of light and very comfortable.
The Room service is excellent with good food.
The Coffee shop/restaraunt is the place to spend some good quality time in the morning, it is right on the national park so one can keep sipping some amazing Kenyan coffee and look at the jungle.

A must stay place

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ShekharSuri
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
Reviewed 11 June 2012

..was there end of May for the first time, everything about it is awesome including the interiors, rooms, meals, the scenery is wonderful but no animals seemed to show up...however we waited for a long time before we were shown to our rooms...a few unpleasantries here and there but generally a good hotel!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have been in this hotel twice, the first time was a Marketers Night event and yesterday I was attending Pivoteast event. One thing that I like about Ole Sereni is their security & safety measures; When the event started we were taken through a safety drill.
Then I left behind my bag that had my stuff as we left for lunch, security team collected all paraphernalia left on seats and kept them safe - some people had actually abandoned their laptops. I found my bag safe at the security desk and was very pleased........I can't forget to mention that the meal was very delicious. Keep up!

Mkulima

Room Tip: ideal for meeting outside town and have ample space
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently as a day room prior to a late evening flight out of Nairobi. The positive was that it was close to the airport. The size of the room was nice (and I was told I was upgraded to a deluxe??). The bed, although good in size, was hard as a board. The shower and toilet area are within the same area, so it is not possible to take a shower without getting water all over the floor in the toilet area. The towels (photo attached) were worse that I use for bathing my dogs at home. I was tempted to put them in the waste basket.

I ate an early dinner in the restaurant. Although the portions are generous (overly so), the prices are extremely high. But the worst part was, it took 55 minutes from the time we ordered our food until it arrived and the restaurant was not that crowded (it was a Sunday). We tried to catch the waiter's attention to inquire when the food might be coming, but he never looked our way. After he brought the food, he never once came back to ask if we needed anything or how the food was. I had had enough and just wanted the bill to pay. I finally had to go and get him from the opposite end. I have never had such poor service at any hotel I have ever been to.

I could have just as easily gotten a hotel room in downtown Nairobi for a lower price and just spent a little longer time traveling to the airport. I think I would have been less frustrated. Never again would I stay at this place!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank MichiganLaurena
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed here for one night at the beginning of our trip.The hotel was very convenient as we arrived late,and left after lunch the next day, it is close to the airport.Our room had a small internal balcony area with an opening door, overlooking the park.The room was quiet and clean, the food was good. The management was helpful, on request our check out time was extended to after we had lunch.Free wifi in the lobby.
An ideal short stopover.