Ole Sereni
US$159
US$120
US$100
1,440 results
All reviewsnational parkgame parkclose to the airportgame reserveeagles restaurantpark viewwild animalsinternational airportmombasa roadan airport hotelbetween flightsnairobi trafficwilson airportgift shopshort stayrooms are nicebusiness trip
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Having left the Boma Hotel to try something new, I was disappointed to come to Ole Sereni. More expensive than Boma, with a room half the size, little amenities, cramped this hotel is definitely NOT worth the $300 (please don't fork this over for a park view, not worth it, go on a safari).

Adding to the experience is that I have a Kenyan girlfriend and we of course checked in together earlier this day. Went out at night only to be questioned by security upon returning.

As Lacie8, commented below, I had the same experience. Overall unless you're 'Mzungo' you will not be able to walk around freely without the suspicious eyes. Disgusting stay, wouldn't recommend this to anyone, even at half the price. Especially watch out for the security 'Augustine' who under the false pretense of 'I just want to see if you're double booked so tell me your room number (HAHA)' wants to nose around your business even if it's your wife or girlfriend of a different color, I guess at $300/night we deserve to be interrogated. It shouldn't even matter who goes to your room if you pay for two people especially at the ridiculous cost.

On the bright side, the workout facilities are quite nice, but you can get that in many other hotels, cheaper and for a better value. The pool is okay, but comparing to somewhere like the Boma (10-15 min walk away) really not worth it. Agnes at the front desk was as helpful as can be and a shining star.

Front desk is in the middle of the hotel so after you go up the first stairs and about 20 M down the hall or so. We brought our bags in ourselves and was not offered any help at any point even after check in, maybe they were too busy to bother with a local.

The room itself had bits of food under the fridge, the AC remote was under the bed and took time before we found it or realised there was even a control, rooms are quite small and cramped, no slippers were in the room as advertised (booking.com). It features a french balcony, which means the window opens but there is no room to go outside.

Just so you know where I'm coming from. I rated a 2 star guesthouse here in Nairobi 5 stars because of the level of service they offered for the rate of $30/night. For 10 x the price at Ole Sereni had me wishing I was back at the guesthouse.

I would never, ever stay there again. I am guessing most of the reviews are from others that have not stayed in other places in Nairobi or though that this was the best the city offers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AntarcticNomad
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

We have been communication vai mails on this complaint. It is extremly unfortunate that you feel this and I can assure you that Ole-Sereni is a global organization which ensures same service levels and respect is given to all its patrons.

We take this very seriously and do not allow any of our team members to deviate.

We sincerely hope you will reconsider our services in future.

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and enjoyed it. Our room overlooked the national park and we saw crowned cranes from our room. The room was very quiet and spacious. Beds in Kenya are harder than we are used to but it was still comfortable. The staff were quite nice. Will stay here again while traveling thru Nairobi.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank youngtravellers99
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

We hope you will choose our services during your future travels to Kenya.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The hotel is nice and close to the airport but also on the edge of the National Park so it feels very peaceful.
The staff were very helpful, although the check out process was quite slow.
The restaurant was great and had really good indian food!
I was lucky enough to have a room that overlooked the park, I didn't see any animals but it was still a nice scenic view.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Beverley G

Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I am thoroughly pleased to know that your stay was pleasant.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed there for 5 nights while on a business trip. We requested a hotel car to pick us (5 of us) up from the airport. Due to the fire in the arrivals hall of the airport we cleared customs in a parking garage. The driver was there holding a sign for us with all of our names on it.

We found the staff at the hotel to be friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean. The bed is a bit on the hard side. My other colleagues found this to be the case as well. I had no issues with service. The food in the restaurants was quite good. The only issue we had was that they were testing out a new internet system so that non staying guests at the hotel would have to pay for internet. It's complimentary for hotel guests. The system barely worked the first day. I believe they gave up the test and went back to the original system for a while.

The travel desk did want to charge $140 USD for a car to make a 1 hour tour to the post office and grocery store. We re-negotiated this to bring it down to $30.

Room Tip: Half of the rooms on the city facing side of the hotel have balconies. Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rexah

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am very glad to learn that your stay was pleasant.

On your remark on the mattresses, we are in the process of changing them in the next month. I am sure you will find superior level of amenities during your future travels to Nairobi.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Thank you to the entire staff - from security - to bell staff - to check in - to the breakfast staff - everything was fabulous. Our room was clean and comfortable and a welcome after long flights. Look forward to returning in 10 days and then for our final day. Thank you for making us feel safe and at home.

Room Tip: we faced the reserve on the 2nd floor and the room was absolutely fine!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patteski

I thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased that your stay was pleasant.

We look forward to welcoming you back home.