Ole Sereni
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$240
Trip.com
US$123
US$105
1,431 results
All reviewsnational parkgame parkclose to the airportgame reserveeagles restaurantpark viewwild animalsinternational airportmombasa roadan airport hotelbetween flightsnairobi trafficwilson airportgift shopshort stayrooms are nicebusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2014

A very clean five star hotel which brings to life five star brilliance that seamlessly blends city life with the rugged splendour of the wild. we enjoyed the view of various wild animals from the best big five restaurant,the water hole bar and the Ngong pool bar. On dinning,Eagles grill room is the best.
Thanks for your services.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

I sincerely Thank You for giving us the highest of accolades by describing us an KENYAN PALACE.

It is our constant endeavour to offer the finest of Kenyan Hospitality and I am thrilled to learn that you experienced it.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

In January, I stayed my 2nd time at Ole Sereni Hotel. With the experience made in August 2013 I booked a slightly more expensive Deluxe room facing the park (south) because last time I stayed in a regulare room (facing North) and was annoyed very much by road construction which will still take at least a year until completed. So beware booking a room there - it's noisy!
The Location with view towards park is very nice, you sometimes even spot game and small pool on terrasse as well as the food is good.
However, staff especially at front desk lacks professionalism and the so-called Security guards take advantage of their position to approach guests or their visitors inappropriately or don't allow them on the public hotel premisses. So I recommend the hotel Manager pays a closer look on what security does and if they really function according to Hotel guests' interests... Hope next time, if I return, I will see better behaviour.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to give us your constructive feedback.

I have taken note of the point you raised on the security personells service delivery.

This will be addressed right away.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I pass through Nairobi every three months and often stay overnight when I do. I used to stay at the Ole Sereni. However, their customer service is extremely lacking, and they are never willing to accommodate customer requests. At best, their hotel desk staff (waitstaff specifically excepted and very friendly) could be described as aloof, bordering on rude. Moreover, they charge an unwarranted premium over comparable convenience hotels, such as Eka, Boma and Panari. I was always willing to ignore this for the convenient location, but no longer.

For example, I recently referred a colleague to this hotel for a weekend getaway, and I recommended a room overlooking the park which has always included the breakfast buffet. Instead my colleague was given a room overlooking the construction pit on the street side of the hotel, and apparently breakfast was not included, because it was an online reservation. Despite numerous discussions with the hotel manager, he refused to allow any flexibility in the supposed online booking policy. I even wrote the Management giving them a chance to influence my opinion before posting this review, yet they didn't even have the courtesy to respond.

It’s clear that the premium Ole Sereni charges is not worth the expense.

In short, I’m extremely disappointed in the Ole Sereni's service and I will never stay there again. I'd give them zero stars if that were an option.

Incidentally, you can always stay at the Eka hotel for $80 less right next door. The hotel is not as big, but the Eka service is excellent--and it includes an outstanding breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank GrownupTraveller
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

I thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

My profound apoligies on the inconveniences you have faced with us as Ole-Sereni surely stands for far superior service delivery.

Please allow me to contact you to understand your complaint better.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Great place with perfect location and service ! The staff really knows why they are here, they help you in every direction possible. Yes, the price is a little high but there is no hidden costs and the service is on much higher level.

Room Tip: Try to get room overlooks on the National park
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

I thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

ok, it's not city center and just a bit too close to the busy highway, but it's a perfect place to overnight just after an evening arrival or before a next day's departure on safari. The location at the fence of the Nairobi National Park is interesting, and the Bar, Restaurant and Pool Deck is superb. The accommodation is stylish and comfortable and the food and service great. A lot of local guests show this is a place to be and not only a tourist trap.
We had a wonderful breakfast with a rising sun over Nairobi National Park, with delicious food and very friendly staff - what else do you need.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

I thank you sincerely for taking time to give us your positive review.

Nothing pleases us more than hearing from a satisfied guest such as yourself.