“Very nice hotel between the airport and downtown”
Review of Ole Sereni

Ole Sereni
Ranked #17 of 167 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is in between downtown and the airport - off from the busy Mombasa Road. However the hotel is at the fenses of the Nairobi NP and you feel like outside of the city. This was my 2nd stay in this hotel and I will come back again. Unfortunately a huge road construction project is ongoing and they start working at latest 8:00am and the windows have just thin glas without any sound isolation.

However the decoration of the hotel is exellent with nice African arts and drawings. The breakfast is very good with a wide selection of everything. You can eat at the balcony with a very nice few to the national park. It's a very relaxing start of the day.

The same is valid for dinner or lunch. Just the prices are a little bit on the high end. The bar and the restaurant at the top floor is very good and offers even a better few to the NP.

The gym is well equipped and you have staff always around you for support. I general the staff are friendly but sometimes a little bit slow. Check in/out takes some time.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are equal (towards NP or towards Mombasa Road). Take the upper floor as you wi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am very glad to learn that your stay was memorable.

We will tighten up the speed related to service levels.

We look forward to welcoming back.

There are newer reviews for Ole Sereni

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I travel on my own for business and the staff at this hotel have looked after me extremely well being friendly but without intruding.

On a day of free time i arranged a trip to the national park which i would recommend - ask for Benson. The hotel mini van has a roof that lifts up to give 360 clear viewing.

On the one occasion during my six night stay that I made a comment about my dinner, I was given a discount and received a hotel branded scarf personally brought to my room with thanks for my business from management.

Hotel has good internet and constant power. Menu is good but would benefit from some local dishes.

But its the staff that really make this place a great base for business or holiday.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

I thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

Your positive comments will go a long way in motivating the Team and to ensure that we consistently deliver the same level of service.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We spent about 15 hours in this hotel. We checked in at about 9pm and left before lunch the next day. All went well until the check out which took ages. Then we tried to get a taxi, first from the check out guy who quoted silly money, then from the concierge who took forever, and when I threw my toys out of the cot, took less money from me than the reception guy quoted and then drove me to the airport in what I assume to be his own private car... Very shonkey and the owners need to know what is going on. This totally took the shine off what had otherwise been a pleasant stop-over.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Brian T

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I do apologize for the inconvenience you faced. In regards to the revised rate from the Travel Desk, the driver offered a discounted fare which we do apply on rare occasions.

We do hope this incident will not hinder your decision of choosing us during your future travels.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located 20 driving minutes from the airport. It's also close to a national wildlife park, where you can have a game drive. Most rooms offer a great view at this park. The gym offers some state of the art equipment. Free wifi is available around the hotel premises and rooms. Several restaurants offer local and international cuisine. Staff is always around and happy to serve you the "African Way"! Recommended for a short (business)stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback.

I am pleased to learn that your stay was comfortable.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Hi I stay 5 months there had a great time with the staff, great hotel great view the only problem was the BA crew members they drink all night they are noisy they do not let you sleep other then that great place to visit

Puente.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

I thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I do apologise on the noise pollution from BA crew which we are addressing right away.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was a great location for a business trip. It is located near the airport and you don't have to suffer the Nairobi traffic to get in and out of the property. Unfortunately, there is a large cloverleaf intersection being built right outside the property and traffic in and out is sure to be impeded. Once construction is done, I'm sure they have made provisions for entry and exit.

Room Tip: Away from the construction and facing the game reserve.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rod20
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am sure your future visits will see a more definied system of how traffic flows on our roads.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We needed to stay one night in Nairobi close to the airport. We chose the Ole Sereni because of its proximity, security, and luxury. We were not disappointed. Although we didn't eat at the hotel it was very busy and everyone was very friendly. Although a little pricy I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's concerned about safety and wants a good nights rest a short distance from the airport.

Room Tip: They have a park side and a city side. We stayed in the city side because we knew it would be too la...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank semper_peragro

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

We are pleased to learn that your stay was memorable.