“Convenient Stay”

Ole Sereni
Ranked #18 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
“Convenient Stay”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The view from the hotel is absolutely stunning and the service quality is great. I stayed at the hotel for three nights for business and I will return if my road leads back to Kenya. I did however expect more from a 5 star property - everything is on par with a 3/4 star property. Room was clean, restaurant was good quality and good wifi, but nothing exceptional...

Good location to the airport.

Room Tip: Task for a room with a view of the National Park.
1 Thank Aucamp
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your positive review.

We are in the process of adding value on all levels of hotel operations and I am sure your future visits will be memorable.We look forward to welcoming you. back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

While the hotel itself was OK, the service was really not good.

- I made the reservation online. When I needed to add another night, and another guest, I had to make multiple phone calls. I was told that the reservations dept doesn't deal with internet bookings. How can they not deal with bookings made on their own website?? When they finally agreed to add a night as one off thing, I had to call 3 times before they finally emailed me a confirmation.

- On arrival I was told I can't get a twin room (even though I had a guest joining on the second night). Was told I could have a king, and switch to a twin on the second night. I was then led to a smoking room. The bell boy (who was very good by the way) then called, and got me transferred to a non-smoking twin room. Apparently they did have twin rooms!!

- That night I dined at the eagles restaurant. I was sat and told that it would take a while to take my order. Someone finally showed up after 10 minutes!! This is the fine dining restaurant. I was given an iPad to order drinks. I ordered one. Nothing came. The waiter then told me the iPad system doesn't work. Why give me one in the first place??

- On checkout, I was given a really confusing bill, which didn't add up to the total I was being charged. I even had to go back to the reception and they finally gave me an itemised bill, albeit still very confusing.

Room Tip: Park view, non-smoking.
2 Thank Nikhil_Advani
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We truly apologize for the inconveniences you had faced and assure you that your future stays will be memorable.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Ole Sereni is close to the airport, has amazing service for travellers - from the friendly and helpful porters to the quick and efficient desk staff. I stayed one night which was a pit because my trip was very rushed. However for a business traveller the restauart is open 24 hours so breakfast before the very early flight is a possibility. Ask for a park facing room so you can see the animals in the morning (I hear but had a city facing room). Clean and well furnished rooms although the one bedroom was a tad small for my liking. The bathroom kind of feels like its inside the bedroom. Overall though about 10 minutes away from the airport (20 in some traffic) and I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a door away from the passage entry door - the sound of cards in that door kept me awake for...
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

We are truly pleased to know that your stay was memorable and look forward to welcoming you back.
Sunbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now, only one nights stay on each occasion, the staff are very friendly and helpful on checking in, my room was clean and in good decorative order, my view was over the road but it was not a problem, no disturbance. The breakfast was very nice plenty of variety, but I was left to work out how the breakfast procedure worked!! The view over the park while enjoying my breakfast outside was fantastic, could have done with some wildlife walking past. I will be using this hotel again for my one night stop overs as it is only 20mins from the airport. My last visit was October 2013. I was recommended this hotel by a friend of mine who stays there often as he is flight crew with BA.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

We thank you for choosing our services and look forward to welcoming back.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights on some business. Its ok, I guess actually good for standards in this part of the world. I dont know about the 5 stars though..its more like a solid 3 stars in my opinion. The room was clean, well stocked mini bar, and good service. There are 2 restaurants onsite, and a bar/cafe. The high end restaurant is in the terrace up on the 4th floor. Its decent enough.. they try hard, but its expensive. Just stay away from the shellfish capuccino.. trust me on that one. The big 5 restaurant in the lobby is more casual.. breakfast is good but also expensive. Oddly enough the menu meals are reasonable.

The net is this place is conveniently located near the airport, its also near the city park, which has some game in it if you feel like checking out some animals. Its not 5 stars, but its enough to satisfy international business standards.

One more piece of advice - if you are in transit here, spend as much time as you can at the hotel, because the airport is a hellhole.

Safe travels!

1 Thank latinmon
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback which we truly appreciate.

I have taken your note on the shellfish cappuccino. We will address it right away.

We are constantly upgrading our facility to global standards and I am sure your future visits will see a superior product.

Brussels
Reviewed 22 May 2014

absolutely well situated, close to game park.
nice african decoration, much more personal than the usual Sheraton, Hilton style.
very friendly staff.
restaurant stays open 24/24, so THE place for a stop over before or after a flight.

Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to share your positive experience.

As you mentioned rightly, what makes us different is our tribute to African style which we have tried to incorporate all across the hotel when it comes to decor and service delivery.

Mombasa, Kenya
Reviewed 22 May 2014

After long flight, nothing better than to be met at JKIA and driven (20 mins approx) to the hotel and be welcomed back with minimal fuss.
Rooms are very well appointed with all amenities, some overlook the road and others the park. Breakfast is a veritable feast with so much on offer and with the views of the park, it is a great way to start the day.
Will be back soon I hope.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

We are very pleased to know that your stay was memorable.