First things first when reading these reviews...remember, this is Africa! The comforts you are used to in your home country or other travels don't count here! After reading the reviews I wasn't expecting much, but after arriving after a very long journey, it was a delight to be welcome by such friendly and accommodating staff. You can't help but smile and laugh with them.
Had two stays so had two different rooms.
1. ground floor room overlooking the gardens -lovely outlook. Windows opened provided plenty of breeze. Rooms are clean and basic but comfortable (in-room safe available). Hot water plentiful. Good wifi.
2. 3rd floor looking over the road. If you are a light sleeper, I'd suggest ear plugs 'just in case'. Hot water plentiful and good wifi in room.
I heard people complain about no/lack of hot water, but neither myself or the 6 others in my group had any issues.
Breakfast Buffett plentiful as is evening restaurant menu choices. A little pricey, but evens out for the safety of the hotel. Definitely recommended not to venture out after dark.
Make sure you include a trip to elephant orphanage, I was originally quoted 7000 shillings for both elephant orphanage and giraffe centre, this reduced to 4000shillings when I only wanted to do the orphanage (driver later offered 5000 shillings for both). The hotel has drivers readily available to take you but make sure you are early, the session is from 11am for one hour only and it's approximately an hours drive.
Airport taxi 2100 shillings. If you are going to additional East African countries make sure you get the right visa upon entry to save you money later!
Most importantly, relax and settle into African time! You'll love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sentrim Boulevard is located at the end of Nairobi’s Harry Thuku Road, an oasis of peace and quite with beautiful manicured gardens and lawns. There are 70 rooms in 2 stories. The main guest area consists of the reception, lounge area, Restaurant and bar. The Mezzanine floor has the conference facilities. There is a swimming pool and tennis court for your relaxation and enjoyment. For meetings, conferences and family gatherings facilities are readily available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Jovago.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sentrim Nairobi Boulevard Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.