Gracehouse Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Nairobi
See available hotels
Trisan Hotel(Nairobi)
View Hotel
All reviewsyaya centermission tripwater heatershort walkdefinitely stay here againother guestshome away from homehotel is locatedtvannexlodgingwifikenyacomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at Gracehouse for a couple of weeks in February 2014. The hotel itself is basic, and not at all lush or fancy. It was however, a very comfortable place to be. The staff is very friendly. Sometimes the receptionists seemed a bit abrupt, but I'm assuming it boils down to general misunderstanding. Breakfast was always such a pleasure; a lot of variety and the coffee was delicious. The YaYa Center is also a two minute walk and was very convenient. Overall, I loved my stay here and wouldn't think to look anywhere else if I go back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nadine M
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed in this small hotel (51 rooms) for 5 nights in early June 2014 and had a wonderful experience.

Right from the start when booking I received excellent emails and information - often within minutes of requesting it. The staff were ALL consistently helpful and welcoming. Nothing was a problem.

There are two sides to the hotel. I stayed in the one further away from the road which I assume is much quieter. There was a dog that barked a lot nearby a couple of nights. Not the hotels fault :) The rooms are big in my opinion. They have TV, mosquito nets, ensuite bathroom, plenty of room to hang clothes and a large desk to work at. The wifi was brilliant. Not one outage in 5 days. There were also several points throughout the hotel. It was fast and I downloaded large files too whilst there.

The hotel also organised a taxi for me to go to the National Park. The taxi driver (James) was great. He was adamant I saw the simba (lions) and we did. I was picked up at 5.30am to get there for opening at 6am. Its a fantastic national park. I love that it has the background of the Nairobi CBD. The entrance was around 5000 shillings including the driver. I saw lions, zebra, ostriches, a Rhino, buffalo, peacocks, a huge lizard, antelopes (I think) and a giraffe. The taxi cost for 6000 shillings for 6 hours in total. The Gracehouse even made me a packed breakfast and I didn't ask for it.

The taxi from the airport (organised by the hotel) was 2000 shillings. Taxis into the CBD were around 1000 shillings each way.

The hotel is literally 90 seconds walk away from the YaYa Mall. The Mall is fine, its a bit outdated but has most things you need. It has a wonderful bookshop, supermarket, Java Coffee House, Chinese Restaurant, Brasserie etc etc. I only ate in the Brasserie which was really pleasant. I had a Burger and Mango Juice and it came to about 1000 shillings.

There is an evening menu at the Gracehouse but it's not extensive. This is probably my only criticism. It's perfectly acceptable (800 shillings for most meals) but not great. I ate there 3 nights and was quite happy to as I couldn't be bothered to leave the hotel.

The breakfast is excellent. There are juices, coffee, tea. Breads, cheese, meats. A buffet with sausages, bacon, beans, often greens, potatoes, etc. And best of all a very smiley egg chef who made my daily omelette to perfection. Fillings included onions, chillies, cheese, peppers, tomatoes and a couple of others.

The hotel isn't a palace, but it cost 7000 shillings ($87.5). The hotel seems very secure, it was immaculately clean, the staff were in abundance and pleasant. They also serve free coffee and "cakes" in the garden from 4pm to 6pm. This was a really nice touch. There is also coffee in a little lounge outside the room again free. They also said I could use the swimming pool at their sister hotel nearby if I wanted. I didn't have time.

I had a meeting at iHub and it was perfect, in fact I think they recommended it. Pete's Coffee Shop in iHub is great by the way.

Would I stay again - definitely!!!

Thank you everyone at Gracehouse for a wonderful and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms away from the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Davidgirling_12
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our group has used Gracehouse for many years and have always been treated well. Rooms are ample and attached to public sitting rooms. Breakfast is fine. Front desk service is thoughtful and caring. Nairobi is expensive lodging so singles are 80USD but growing YaYa center is 3 minutes walk with decent eateries (oddly clumped into Ya Ya Center reviews by TA), good book and grocery stores and DHL if you need to send/receive. Don't hesitate, its where I took refuge after Sunstar!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Wow!!!! This is the best hotel I can say under the budget. The hotel is very accommodative, very well secure, very friendly reception, prompt action by staff, good breakfast, free evening tea and snacks. In addition al the above, a minute walk to a shopping mall which is Yaya Center just behind the hotel. What more you want?

Room Tip: Just be friendly with everyone. A smile that communicates a lot.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

It has a very homely feeling. A sitting area for every 3-4 rooms. Offer good snacks throughout the day. Being a Jain I was specially offered eggless vegetarian food. The rooms were also clean and spacious. The washrooms were small but smartly built. Overall I would definitely recommend this!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business