Review Highlights
Helen has been so helpful, easy refund for covid

I had planned on joining Helen's Kenya and Tanzania tour January 2021 but COVID put a halt on these... read more

Reviewed 30 November 2020
875jessiz
Refund processed so quickly and efficiently

I had planed to travel with Rock My Adventure - Africa in August of this year. The world turned... read more

Reviewed 28 November 2020
edr1974
Calgary, Canada

All reviews small group kenya and tanzania land tours planning safari
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 September 2019 via mobile

This trip simply blew my mind. Never before have I encountered so much wildlife close up. Seeing a lioness peacefully nursing her cubs right in front of our eyes and a leopard ripping open a rather ripe Elephant carcass a few meters from us were just a couple of the highlights. We must either have had a lucky charm or our talented guide can take all the credit for the incredible wildlife sightings: two cheetas resting in the shade, hyenas fighting over the spoils of an Elephant calf and comically the black backed jackals butting in and outsmarting them. From the bone dry Kalahari to the rich waters of the Delta, the green savanna of Moremi to the sandy, stormy desert of Savuti, on to Chobe and to the breathtaking rainbows over Victoria Falls, this trip just had it all. The highlights kept coming! Daily we saw large herds of Elephants, and were collectively cooing over the baby Elephants running around, learning to use their trunks. Having initially felt somewhat apprehensive about camping, it turned out to be my favourite part of the trip. Being so completely immersed in nature, falling asleep to the sound of hippos close to the tent and watching the mist rise from the river in the early morning light, made us feel incredibly alive. We explored the landscape by car, canoe, on foot, by plane and cruiseship and every time there was more to see, more to learn, more to enjoy. This trip is a treat for all animal lovers that you cannot effort to miss.

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank Katja R
rockmyadventure, Owner at Rock My Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2019

Thank you Katja! So glad you had an amazing time with us... again! :) Was such an amazing trip!

Excited to welcome you back on your 4th tour with us (in 2 years) in February!

See you in Benin & Togo!!

Reviewed 26 September 2019

My mom and I went with Helen's group to Botswana. It was our first time to Africa and we couldn't have had a better introduction. Helen is a super organized and empathetic group leader and make the logistics of our trip easy. She also organizes primarily small groups which is nice if you are not generally a group tour type of person. I really enjoyed the mix of culture and nature, and the level of comfort/price (think flashpacking). Also, I think we were fairly lucky but we saw loads of interesting animals! Highly recommend.

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank Rose A

Thank you Rose! We loved having you and your mum on the trip! Hope to see you on another trip soon! :)