Review Highlights
Helen has been so helpful, easy refund for covid

I had planned on joining Helen's Kenya and Tanzania tour January 2021 but COVID put a halt on these... read more

Reviewed 30 November 2020
875jessiz
Refund processed so quickly and efficiently

I had planed to travel with Rock My Adventure - Africa in August of this year. The world turned... read more

Reviewed 28 November 2020
edr1974
Calgary, Canada

All reviews sierra leone africa trip small group botswana logistics land hyenas knowledge nature tours planning animals safari
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2019 via mobile

This is my 3rd Rock my adventure tour and it was life changing! To see a country where tourism does not really exist and be welcomed with massive open arms is a wonderful experience! Prepare to have your eyes opened and priorities changed when you experience the Africa that rock my adventure shows you!

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank Karen L
rockmyadventure, Owner at Rock My Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2019

Thank you Karen!

Can't wait to travel with you again for the 4th time in Benin & Togo!

Reviewed 28 September 2019 via mobile

This was truly epic, a experience of a lifetime, lived up to all my expectations and then some! No cookie cutter routines, we just explored the land, the cultures, the food, and the ways of life in a very unique and different way then any other tour I’ve ever been on in my life. This was by far the best trip of my life. After traveling to 20 countries, being on over 10 cruises, etc, this tops everything I’ve ever been on by a long shot, not even a close race. Helen is amazing, her energy, her optimism, her kindness, her everything just shines around everyone and I can’t speak for everyone else but she impacted my life just by meeting her. She’s such a caring person, who genuinely wanted everyone’s best interest and for everyone to be happy and have fun, she was soooooo good at really giving us all a true African experience with her knowledge for the places we visited and the cultures of the people everywhere, she’s one of those people you meet and never forget. I can honestly say after meeting her for the little amount of time I did, I’ve made a friend for life. I will absolutely book another trip with her again! Our local guides were excellent! Very knowledgeable about the land and the animals, very friendly and caring, they did a amazing job. Keep up the amazing work.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank 109bryanp

Thank you for the lovely words!!!

So glad to have met you Bryan! You're such a fun travel companion and I can't wait to see how the cinematic videos turn out! :)

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2019

I'm a retired senior, travelled most continents, but not Africa until this August. I love to rough it in nature, but am health conscious. I was a bit apprehensive about health hazard in traveling Africa.
My August trip debunked my concerns. It's a very uniquely awesome experience, unexpectedly safe and comfortable.
I joined a 6-traveller group lead by Helen Davies for her Botswana and Victoria Falls trip. I chose her after reading her Africa travel blogs - she travelled Africa extensively. Besides being experienced, knowledgable, she is also a very caring, organized yet flexible trip leader.
We saw so many animals in amazingly close-up: Lions, hyenas, leopards, cheetahs, elephants, giraffes, just to name a few. Also countless variety of beautiful birds.
We visited aborigines, bush walk with them, learned a lot about their life skills, art, music and dance.
Half of the days, we stayed in hotels and other days, we camped in tents. A local group setup the tents, each with a bathroom and hot shower! Cooked meals on camp fires.We don't need to do anything but enjoy the safari and freshly cooked food.
Helen hires many local small business groups to facilitate our trip. She must have good connections and made good choices - these local groups were very competent, so our whole trip went without a hitch, and the price of the trip is reasonable. The local groups were also very friendly and helpful - another way for us to enjoy contact with Africans.
I saw a very few mosquitos and no tse tse flies.
I feel very lucky to have went with Helen for my first Africa trip - definitely a memory to be treasured.

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank cindysdsc

HI Cindy,

It was wonderful to travel with you and glad you had an amazing time!

Hope to see you again soon lovely lady and hear more of your stories!

Helen

Reviewed 27 September 2019

Travelling with Helene is the best of both worlds; backpacking and ease. I have traveled a bit. Sometimes alone and independent with a backpack or bicycle, others times with a group hitting better hotels and food. There is a time and place for each. The hardest part about traveling independently is the logistics, and there are many times where they just catch up with you and you find yourself cursing at what you have gotten yourself into. With Helene you have the great feeling of backpacking, like you just met up with some keen friends and are off for a few days or weeks together. And while you are having fun, laughing, drinking and being silly, you simply don’t have to worry about the next step, the next day.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Kurt T

Thank you Kurt! So glad you had an amazing time on the Rock My Kenya Adventure! :)

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2019 via mobile

This trip simply blew my mind. Never before have I encountered so much wildlife close up. Seeing a lioness peacefully nursing her cubs right in front of our eyes and a leopard ripping open a rather ripe Elephant carcass a few meters from us were just a couple of the highlights. We must either have had a lucky charm or our talented guide can take all the credit for the incredible wildlife sightings: two cheetas resting in the shade, hyenas fighting over the spoils of an Elephant calf and comically the black backed jackals butting in and outsmarting them. From the bone dry Kalahari to the rich waters of the Delta, the green savanna of Moremi to the sandy, stormy desert of Savuti, on to Chobe and to the breathtaking rainbows over Victoria Falls, this trip just had it all. The highlights kept coming! Daily we saw large herds of Elephants, and were collectively cooing over the baby Elephants running around, learning to use their trunks. Having initially felt somewhat apprehensive about camping, it turned out to be my favourite part of the trip. Being so completely immersed in nature, falling asleep to the sound of hippos close to the tent and watching the mist rise from the river in the early morning light, made us feel incredibly alive. We explored the landscape by car, canoe, on foot, by plane and cruiseship and every time there was more to see, more to learn, more to enjoy. This trip is a treat for all animal lovers that you cannot effort to miss.

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank Katja R

Thank you Katja! So glad you had an amazing time with us... again! :) Was such an amazing trip!

Excited to welcome you back on your 4th tour with us (in 2 years) in February!

See you in Benin & Togo!!