“Loved the setting”

Cuisines: International
Neighbourhood: Nairobi Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Nairobi Central Business District
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The best thing about this joint is the location, view and the interior Arabic setting. It was my first time there and I must say I loved it although the waiters seemed reluctant, the meal was great, the fresh juices .. I enjoyed he cold breeze as I was at the outdoor side where I could perfectly view the national park. I didnt get to try their sheesha but from the fellow clients who were having it, I could tell it was a great experience ( from the comfy sofas overlooking the pak).

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Staying at the hotel above I decided to try out this (often crowded) restaurant. Turns out it is good value for money and decent food but nothing special about it. However the staff was friendly and the experience was positive.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Having enjoyed many good meals at Al Pasha over the last few years, I had no hesitation in bringing the family there (five of us) on this occasion. Sadly, this turned out to be one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever suffered in terms of food and service.

Both the waiter and the waitress who ‘served’ us were slow and inefficient. Our table (originally set for eight people) had spare cutlery littering one end through most of the meal; service was slow and often both of them disappeared for long periods; a drink for one of the party never arrived in spite of a reminder and my son’s steak, ordered ‘well-done’, arrived rare.

We could see into one corner of the kitchen and were not very pleased to hear loud pounding – obviously poor quality steaks were being ‘tenderised’. Much worse, though, were the flashes of flames and smell of burning that began to emanate.

When the food finally came, the two steaks and two lamb chop portions were all coated with a layer of pongy black cinder; the chips were nearly stone cold. The fifth member of the family was the lucky one: her chicken was ok, though also accompanied by cold fries.

Ominously, we realised with hindsight, there were no other customers throughout our long visit. On enquiring, we were told that there had been no change of management, though we couldn’t recognise any of the staff we had known in the past. However, it seems there is a new Manager. Perhaps he is still learning his job!

All in all, we shall not be visiting Al Pasha again…

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The restaurant has nice outdoor seating but it is often filled. Indoor seating is dominated by a very loud television. Good quantity of decent food for good value, and I would rate this one higher except for the lout TV and disregard of staff. We asked 3 times to turn down the volume on the TV and it would get quieter for a minute then go back up. We finally noticed almost the entire restaurant staff hanging out around the bar watching the TV - which explains both why service is slow and the TV is so loud. I asked to speak to a manager but none was available.

I have stopped here many times when taking friends to the airport since it is a very convenient place to stop, and this is not the first time I've been annoyed by the loud TV. I will probably try it one more time before I give up on them. If they can get the staff to pay attention to the customers instead of to the tube this could be a really good experience.

I gave average rating for Atmosphere because the outdoor seating is very nice, but indoor not so nice.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

The menu offers many choices and the food was ok, but service is a bit slow. I had falafel (overcooked) that was served with only a few pieces of pita and too little garlic & yoghurt sauce. I am sure if I had asked for more of both I would have received them without an extra charge, but given the late arrival of the original order I did not want to ask. I have marked the service as "average" because it was slow (poor) but friendly (above average).