“Charming alternative to hotel in Nairobi”
other travellers have booked this property
Kiloranhouse Entrance Kiloranhouse Driveway View
Shared Kitchen Showing Island and Sink
Cottage Shared Kitchen Showing Island and Toaster
Cottage Master/Jaccuzzi Bedroom
Cottage Master Jaccuzzi  Bathtub
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 34 reviews

Reviews from our community

Antsinthe...
USA
“Charming alternative to hotel in Nairobi”
Reviewed 28 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

My husband and I were searching for a home stay in Nairobi for a few days. We were attracted to Kiloran house and cottage because of their location and garden setting and elected to stay at the cottage since there were just two of us. Although larger than necessary for one couple, we appreciated the cottage's roominess, the comfortable queen size bed, and the private baths. The gardens are truly magnificent, and Adriel, our host, was happy to give us a tour of the historic main house and surrounding gardens. Adriel was also most accommodating in arranging transportation and in stocking the refrigerator with Tusker beer for our arrival. On one occasion he and his wife even rescued us as we stumbled along a nearby road in the wrong direction. We appreciated being so close to the Yaya Market where one can find just about anything. Our only disappointments were the low water pressure and lukewarm bath water (which may or not be under his control) and the minimalist breakfast. Bread, jam/butter, cereal, milk, coffe/tea, and fruit are supplied, but guests have to prepare their own breakfast in the cottage kitchen. We had some difficulty initially at the arrival and occasionally thereafter in rousing the guard at the gate, but we appreciated the excellent security. We felt perfectly safe in this little oasis in the heart of busy Nairobi. We highly recommend this place and would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2011
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups

Reviewed 29 May 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Management Response
29 May 2011
Dear Mwikali,

Your beautiful review has at last come through and I wish to thank you and Aimee for your generosity. I look forward to having you back.

With best regards,

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
New York
Reviewed 6 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011
person found this review helpful

Date of stay: February 2011
Abidjan
Reviewed 2 March 2011 for a stay in May 2010

Date of stay: May 2010
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.