“The best place to stay in Nairobi”
other travellers have booked this property
Kiloranhouse Entrance Kiloranhouse Driveway View
Shared Kitchen Showing Island and Sink
Cottage Shared Kitchen Showing Island and Toaster
Cottage Master/Jaccuzzi Bedroom
Cottage Master Jaccuzzi  Bathtub
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
hiroshima...
London, United Kingdom
“The best place to stay in Nairobi”
Reviewed 23 October 2011 for a stay in January 2011
people found this review helpful

Kiloranhouse cottage is a beautiful,quite place away from the city center of Nairobi which is great. Secure during the night with the security guard and dogs. It feels like at home as the house is very cozy ,with wooden floors,lovely kitchen with some breakfast in the fridge and fruits on the table and an a amazing garden :)The rooms are very clean with nice bathroom.
Adriel welcome us very warmly and was very helpful when we wanted to buy tickets to go to Dar Es Saalam even using his own phone :) whenever we need it anything he was always there to help .Also Peter who pick us up from the airport and took us to many places like Carnivore Restaurant and food shopping etc.He was always waiting for us and we could relay on him at any time.We have spent 2 nights on the 6/7 January 2011 at the beginning of our holiday and then extra night which we have extended once we stayed in the cottage on the 19th January before leaving Kenya.We are going back to Nairobi in January 2012 and will stay at the cottage again for few nights before heading to climb Kilimanjaro.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nice and cozy feeling which reminds me of my own home :)
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Tumpat
Kampala, Uganda
“Enchantingl!”
Reviewed 5 July 2011 for a stay in June 2011
people found this review helpful

Kiloran cottage is a beautiful place to get away from the madness of Nairobi. It is homely, cozy, peaceful and enchanting! The quiet and cool environment makes it possible to relax.
I felt like I was still in my home, because that's the feeling you get; the place is clean, your every need is taken into consideration even before you check in and one gets value for their money and much more. Would recommend it many times over.
Thank you Adriel, for making my stay in Nairobi comfortable and safe!
Patience

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Antsinthe...
USA
“Charming alternative to hotel in Nairobi”
Reviewed 28 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

My husband and I were searching for a home stay in Nairobi for a few days. We were attracted to Kiloran house and cottage because of their location and garden setting and elected to stay at the cottage since there were just two of us. Although larger than necessary for one couple, we appreciated the cottage's roominess, the comfortable queen size bed, and the private baths. The gardens are truly magnificent, and Adriel, our host, was happy to give us a tour of the historic main house and surrounding gardens. Adriel was also most accommodating in arranging transportation and in stocking the refrigerator with Tusker beer for our arrival. On one occasion he and his wife even rescued us as we stumbled along a nearby road in the wrong direction. We appreciated being so close to the Yaya Market where one can find just about anything. Our only disappointments were the low water pressure and lukewarm bath water (which may or not be under his control) and the minimalist breakfast. Bread, jam/butter, cereal, milk, coffe/tea, and fruit are supplied, but guests have to prepare their own breakfast in the cottage kitchen. We had some difficulty initially at the arrival and occasionally thereafter in rousing the guard at the gate, but we appreciated the excellent security. We felt perfectly safe in this little oasis in the heart of busy Nairobi. We highly recommend this place and would definitely stay there again.

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups

Reviewed 29 May 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Management Response
29 May 2011
Dear Mwikali,

Your beautiful review has at last come through and I wish to thank you and Aimee for your generosity. I look forward to having you back.

With best regards,

Anne & Adriel
Southern Sudan
Reviewed 11 May 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Uganda
Reviewed 26 April 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing