“Consistently good with excellent service and nice poolside atmosphere”
Review of Cafe Maghreb

Cafe Maghreb
Ranked #138 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Consistently good with excellent service and nice poolside atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Usually there's a great salad bar and buffet, there are different themed evenings for example on Friday it's all Fish and seafood, on Saturday evenings it's Mombasa Swahili type food. Eat as much as you like!

Visited February 2014

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Amazing Food!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 4 days and the breakfast buffet was served at Cafe Magreb. The spread is fantastic and covers a lot of cuisines including Indian (for Indians travelling to Kenya). Kenya is known for fresh juices and these guys make some of the best stuff. Loved my breakfast on all four days. Great Variety, Great Service!

• Visited January 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth it!”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I had Christmas Eve dinner with my husband last night and I was very disappointed. The wine list to start was wrong as it had Calatteri wine stated as origin S.A while it actually is from Chile. The bread was stale. I asked for fresh bread and I was presented with the same bread basket. My starter of prawn was bland. My main course of grilled Angus beef - had two pieces one piece was edible the next was horrid and tasted off. I complained and all I got from Jonathan M was an apology and an admission that they tasted the piece of meat and while they claim it was not gone off the marination was not right.

It was not the experience we were expecting for ksh12,000. I'm not rushing back and I'd not recommend it either.

• Visited December 2013
Luberon, France
“Very agreeable set up, average food, service to be improved”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I will certainly in not share many of the enthusiastic opinions hereunder.

First the set up next to the Serena hotel swimming pool is very agreeable but absolutely, strictly nothing to do with the picture shown by trip advisor (even the name of the restaurant on the picture is different!)

At all meals you have both buffets and à la carte possibilities. The choice at the buffets are large but I would say that the food is no better than average, the best of the 3 meals certainly being breakfasts. It's a bit better à la carte but nothing to talk home about.

There is certainly enough staff but on the contrary of the hotel or the luxury restaurant upstairs, the staff is very little attentive to the clients which is a shame specially considering that the place is not cheap.

Wines on the wine list are badly chosen, badly presented with even a certain number of mistakes all of which are not acceptable in the best hotel in town.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Luberon1
Norman, OKlahoma, USA
“Best Restaurant in Nairobi!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We ate every meal at the Cafe Maghreb while we were in Nairobi, and were never disappointed, either by the quality and taste of the food offered, or by the service --- both of which were absolutely outstanding. We were so impressed by the food on the buffet, for example, that we spoke to Lawrence, the Restaurant's Manager, and told him how much we were enjoying eating there. He brought the Executive Chef, Roy Kinyua, to our table, so that we could tell him this in person! We have eaten in many fine restaurants around the world, but none has made such a deep and lasting impression on us as the Cafe Maghreb, with its stellar service, magnificent buffet presentation, and truly outstanding menu. Don't miss it next time you're in Nairobi! It's in the Nairobi Serena Hotel, right in the heart of town.

Visited September 2013