PrideInn Hotel Raphta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Gramo Suites(Nairobi)
View Hotel
Azure Mara Haven(Masai Mara National Reserve)
View Hotel
All reviewschef harrymanager mrserene environmentrestaurant serviceindian dishessecond homespecial thanksfront officeenjoyed my stayconference roomrooms are cleanroom servicebusiness tripswimming poolshort stayhome away from homewestlands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Avoid keeping any functions at this venue at all costs!!!! Had an event last week and have to say wasnt organised at all and they have no clue about event management. No food or decent service yet they think everythig ran smoothy. They have no idea on how to speak to their clients and have the worst customer service skills ever!

They ruined my whole trip here in kenya by giving false promises and once the money went through they didnt care at all. No responses to.phone calls or texts even after speaking to someone senior. I think the manager nazneen in particular needs to go bk and learn how to communicate wid clients properly and not hang up the phone on them and fobbing them off to . someone else.

I as a client should not have to be ringing all the time when promised callbacks. This is time consuming and shouldnt have to do this. I will be most definitely passing this bad feedback to everyone in the family and make sure no one holds any functions here after the experience I have had. It has been the most upsetting and frustrating thing ever. The worst part of it all was me being felt like a liar as the staff seemed to be telling their managers different versions than what they had told me about the event.

They have not taken any consideration to any of my comments or feedback about that night so what is he point of advertising that they would like to hear frm their clients when clearly nothing is done or given as compensation for all the hassle and stress incurred.

I will be making sure everyone hears back as from day one there has been issues wid booking this hall from it being double booked to the drinks not being served as agreed and to the food not being replished which left guests hungry including the groom. However pride inn seems to think that there was nothig wrong wid this and decided to ignore it!

They only pretend to listen to you until the money clears through after that they dony want to know you. They have also overcharged us but they dont seem to care. This has to be the worst mistake ever made to hold a wedding there and will not ever be considering having anything there.

This place is a CON so avoid it if you don't want to be dissapointed.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ferhinvayani
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed ten days on business and I had a comfortable stay. The room I got was big and well furnished: A king size bed (although it was actually two beds put together under one big sheet), a settee including a coffee table and sofas , a dining table and a chair, a TV (which did not always work), a fridge, a kitchen sink and some plates/cutlery. It was almost self-catering: I say almost as there was no cooker/microwave to cook/heat food. My room was at the end, in front of the swimming pool, and the wireless internet reception was poor. The kettle was broken when I checked in but it was replaced. The shower stopped heating but it was fixed. The water pressure was decent. The restaurant served international, Indian and Chinese food. The Indian food was good. An issue was that they do not sell alcohol - but once I learned that, I bought from shops and stocked in my room - the problem solved. Breakfast is quite basic - a buffet style, instant coffee or tea bag, sweet bread, spring rolls/samosas, some stir-fried veggies/beans, and fruits. Staff cooked eggs at request. Staff were friendly and helpful. There was a wedding party one night and the music did not stop until early in the morning but I slept anyway. All in all, I think it is a decent hotel and can recommend for a long stay. I felt at home and safe.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you so much for the feedback. We highly value our clients views and we found yours very special. We are glad you enjoyed the stay after all. Sorry for the Wedding, this is not very common as this is a residential set up. Am glad the Electrical Kettle was replaced on time same to the shower. Sometimes mechanical installations and equipment could fail but quick replacement works. We have also improved the breakfast from basic to English, I am sure next time you visit you will be delighted by the improvement. Currently, we are on fibre optic and the net speed is commendable. We regret the inconvenience caused but we are delighted at the end you found us convenient, safe place, good food and friendly staff. We look forward to hosting you again soon. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager

Reviewed 1 March 2014

It is out of the way, in a residential area of Westland, a toney area of Nairobi. I spent three nights there on a business trip, getting a killer good rate via tripadvisor and being interested by the ranking.

Good restaurant, great staff (to a person), comfortable room, strong wi-fi, and a pool (which I did not use). Quiet location, so great sleeping. Refrig in room.

There are limitations. Shower (a good one) but no bathtub. Limited TV channels. No AC or screens on windows, but they did immediately provide me a nice fan when requested. But I was out on business during the day, and there only at night, so I was very comfortable. And no booze there, but you are not far, by taxi, from excellent shopping, so no worries.

For a bit, my passport was lost, and I was looking at the prospect of having to stay three extra nights, until the US embassy opened again. But that did not seem so bad, given this place. And by the way, the staff all put on their thinking caps to help me figure out where it was lost.

On balance, I can't now imagine staying anywhere else in Nairobi.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear, Mr. MarcCutright, Thanks you so much for a wonderful review, we are delighted to learn that you actually had a good moment in our facility and staff treated you right. We thank you so much for choosing us and making us your first choice in Nairobi. Good luck with the Passport. We are sure to see you soon. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had called in an booked a room. Spoke with Solomon who said plenty of rooms were available. Asked if he needed a deposit or if I could get a booking reference. He said, the booking is confirmed. Upon arrival, Solomon said he had never spoken to me, there was no booking in my name and that due to a corporate group there was no availability. This is at 10pm. Needed a place on Rhapta road due to nature of work. But eventually ended up at Sankara which was absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I and my partner stayed here for 2 nights after completing 3 day business trip in Nayuki. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are very old but still very comfortable, restaurant service was reasonably good and the receptionists were excellent. we enjoyed the food and the breakfast was great! Most of all, Ezekiel the security manager was extremely good to us, very helpful and polite. Surely a nice place to stay in Nairobi.

Room Tip: The rooms in front are renovated and very cosy unlike the spacious ones facing the pool
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Clive, We are honored to read such a review on Trip Advisor. Thank you very much. It is our hope that you will be coming back soon. I will definitely pass your regards to Ezekiel. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager