“Very basic but good short term value”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nairobi
Jupiter Guest Resort Langata
Ranked #100 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Bar/Restaurant - food availability is limited. Ordered 3 items non was available and ended up eating pizza which had too much cheese. I did not try the free bfast. The bar is well stocked with good service.
Reception
Manned 24 hours with friendly and helpful staff.
Location
Area surrounding hotel is not eye catching but close to great bars/clubs like pays,rafikiz, carnivore etc and uchumi hyper shopping center and t mall.
Rooms
Basic. If a couple I recommend the deluxe $50. Std room is very small. Hot water may be an issue. The first rm I had was ok but when I upgraded to delux the water was lukewarm. The hotel does not use water heaters so depending on the condition of the element on the shower head the degree of heat may vary. Room is however clean and so is the toilet shower area.
Security
Hotel is secured by a wall and electric fence. Cameras are also installed throughout the property. We walked to psys and rafikiz bars at night without a problem.
Overall its good value for money but if planning a long stay and can afford to pay more you may want to do so based solely on comfort.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank yafricans

Reviewed 18 December 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Jupiter Guest Resort. I was allowed to check in early, the room was clean and comfortable, and the business center was incredibly handy since I didn't have my laptop with. I came in hoping to get on a Mt Kenya tour the next day. The manager, Gertrude, helped me call multiple tour companies and spent nearly 4 hours helping me arrange a trip that left the next day. I cannot say enough about her incredible service!! The security guard walked with me to the nearby ATM and supermarket. This hotel is an excellent value and has incredible service.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank AinATL
Reviewed 3 December 2012

My husband and I stayed at JGR for 2 weeks in March for business at the US embassy. The rooms are fairly clean, very small bathrooms, and nice, airy layout. The facility seems very secure with guards on duty and an intimidating fence. The location is decent with an ATM a 5 minute walk away and a supermarket not much farther. It was somewhat far from the heart of Nairobi, though, taking us an hour to get there one way.

The restaurant food was good, better than expected, and breakfast was always more than enough food (bacon or sausage, eggs, toast, as well as fruit, sometimes cereal, and juices and teas). However, the menu can become very boring for a long stay as several dishes are quite similar. Most upsetting, my husband got food poisoning from the restaurant one night and spent the evening being sick in the bathroom. I immediately went to request a new room due to the smell and mess, and was told I would have to wait until 8AM (it was around 1AM at the time). This meant we had to endure 7 hours of a very unpleasant stench and also be unable to use the bathroom. In the morning, the manager apologized extensively and we were moved to a new room. She didn't give us a free room, which was rather disappointing, but she offered free room service for the rest of our stay and a free breakfast the next day (because obviously you want to go back and eat at the same place that gave you food poisoning). Because of this, I would advise being careful about any meat you order at the restaurant.

The walls are a bit thin, and you can easily hear other people having "relations" in rooms nearby. There are many people who come in the evening and get drunk at the bar, but I only encountered one person who was particularly obnoxious. The wifi is good and each room is equipped with a nicely sized TV in addition to the bed (and desk, depending on the room you get). They provided a fan when requested and also had a small offering of toiletries at the front desk, as well as sim and top up cards for your mobile device. The taxi driver they provide is friendly, but he does overcharge. The rest of the staff was mostly nice, especially the main chef.

Ultimately, we would probably stay here again if we ever had to return to Nairobi due to the level of security offered. It is definitely a good value for the money, I just wish we had received better service given what occurred.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank mehellie
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I traveled to Kenya alone during Oct'12. I stayed in JGR for 3 days. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The Mosquito net was provided. My main concern in traveling was food as I am vegetarian. The restaurant had good options for me and the food was very good and tasty. They also cooked a couple of precooked packed meals that i had carried. The staff were always helpful with everything. Special mention goes to the Manager and the day security guard. They helped plan my day trip and Airport drop. When I had to do some shopping, the Manager made sure that she sent someone with me to the shop to help me. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank aravindan_vasu
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Very nice place to say in we were there for 10 days in August and we loved it!! It's strategically placed with shopping centres around. It's also not so far from the town centre. Lots of taxis around.The staff was friendly, always ready to assist. Rooms were clean and calm with TV and Wifi. The resturant had delicious food. I liked their breakfast which included some local menu, ideal to start off a long day I would sometimes go without lunch!! Considering their rates which I think is best value for money, we would definately go back next time we are in Nairobi. We recommend it strongly. Florence and Peyo

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Florence L
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This place is so convenient for the airport, central Nairobi and the national park. It is very clean, the staff are nice and the food is good, albeit very very slow at the restaurant. Transport is easy to arrange with the front office and overall everything was very pleasant. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel are quite noisy with sound from the main street and staff below.