“Quiet place to stay in Nairobi”
Review of Boma Inn Nairobi

Boma Inn Nairobi
Ranked #53 of 167 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed in Nairobi just for one night before starting the safari, so we found this hotel convenient as you don't have to go through the city center to get there from the airport, and because of the traffic jams in Nairobi this was a big pro. We didn't get to go to the city center from there so I can't tell how far it was.

The hotel itself is very nice, the room is confortable, good bed and shower. It is very quiet so you can have a nice rest. The staff is really nice and friendly. There is a nice gym and the restaurant is very good also. We had dinner and breakfast, and both were very good, there is plenty to choose from and the prices are OK, breakfast is included. It seems security is very important and they check every car that goes inside the hotel.

Unfortunatelly we didn't spend more time in Nairobi, but we enjoyed our stay at the Red Court Hotel and would go again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Boma Inn Nairobi

Reviewed 25 November 2012

The hotel is a nice, average place to stay, but with a few great niches. One of them is the spectacular service! Really, its the service of a 5star hotel, with rooms of a 3star. Not only this, but the entire ambiance is pleasant! They have an outdoor bar, and are always accommodating! Great breakfast as well. I stayed here with a mission group and they couldn't have been more pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Ali K, Manager at Boma Inn Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear Alex,

Thank you for the sharing your experience about your recent stay at the Red Court Hotel. Your feedback is very encouraging having upgraded us to a 5* service standard. We are grateful that our service met your expectations.

We look forward to hosting you at the Red Court Hotel on your future visit to Nairobi

Ali Kibwana | Rooms Division Manager | The Boma Hotels | P.O. Box 26601-00100

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I have stayed at the Red Court, now rebranded as Boma Inn, in Nairobi, twice, both times on business. Everything about the hotel is great, cleanliness, the food, the sorroundings and distance from the airport, but what I would really look to put on record here is the friendliness of the staff. These people really know how to sell by being kind and attentive to every detail. The personal attention you receive, would make you think you are the only guest in the hotel. I had a problem while processing my payment, not the fault of the hotel, and the Front Manager took my case like as though his life depended on it! I would highly recommend this hotel, to anyone travelling to Nairobi for business or leisure...and should you wish to relax with a good deep tissue massage, ask for hot stone massage with Maria....

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mushki94
Ali K, Front Office Manager at Boma Inn Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Dear Mushki,

Greetings from Red Court Hotel.

Thank you for choosing once again Red Court as your hotel during your recent visit to Nairobi. I am glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your stay with us.

I appreciate your comment on our services, cleanliness, food and especially the service you received from my colleagues and the Front Office Manager. I have passed your compliments to our team as this will go a long way in improving our service delivery.

Your recommendation of Red Court as your hotel of choice is indeed appreciated and I assure you of our continued promise to make your subsequent stays with us memorable.

Ali Kibwana | Rooms Division Manager | The Boma Hotels | P.O. Box 26601-00100

(office) +254 20 3904000 (cell) +254 719 050 000

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I stayed at the Red Court for 2 weeks during a business trip to Kenya.

The rooms are well maintained and the staff is friendly.

The Hotel is owned and operated by the Red Cross.

I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Ali K, Front Office Manager at Boma Inn Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time off your schedule to share your reviews about our hotel.

We are glad to have hosted you for the two weeks you were in Nairobi and even more glad that our services met your expectations.

We are happy to be fully owned and managed by the Kenya Red Cross Society whose main mission is to alleviate human suffering.

We look forward to offering our best services to all our guests whose contribution goes into the works of the society.

Ali Kibwana | Rooms Division Manager | The Boma Hotel | P.O. Box 26601-00100

(office) +254 20 3904000 /604528 | (cell) +254 719 050 000

Reviewed 13 October 2012

My 4:30 am flight was cancelled from Nairobi to Cairo and airport personnel were unable to help find an alternative. I used the hotel board at the Nairobi Airport and lucked out big time by selecting the Red Court. The head of guest services, Angelina, was able to get me in touch with a reputable travel agent who found a flight that made my connection back to the United States. She was extremely efficient, courteous, and prompt. The hotel is lovely in a gated compound with a bank. It is about 20 minutes from Nairobi Airport - definitely one of the closest hotels. As a bonus the Boma, part of the property, donates all profits to the Kenya Red Cross. There is also a great, bird-filled garden between the two buildings. Buffet breakfast was included in the rate and there is a $15 transport to the airport in a private car. If you ever get stuck in Nairobi, go to Red Court or the Boma and see Angelina!

Room Tip: Face the garden!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank StrandedNairobi
Ali K, Front Office Manager at Boma Inn Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Red Court Hotel, Nairobi!!!

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience about the Red Court on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to have hosted you while stranded in Nairobi and more glad that one of our executives, Angeline managed to assist you fully. As a team, we value our guests and we all try our level best to assist our guests.

I have passed your remarks to Angeline who has made us proud and look forward to hosting you again while in Nairobi.

Ali Kibwana | Rooms Division Manager | Red Court Hotel | P.O. Box 26601-00100
+254 20 3904000 /604528 | : (cell) +254 728 606 476/8/734 973 512/3 |

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I stayed 11 nights while on volunteer assignment. My host NGO obtained a reasonable rate for bed and breakfast. I took all dinners there because there is not much else around the location in an industrial area of Nairobi. Each meal has a buffet, which I did not use because it seemed way too much food and was expensive (2050 Ksh, about $24). The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is solicitous. There is a health club, which I did not use. The food tasted OK, but to me, at least, was often disappointing, especially the hamburger I tried. It was oddly seasoned. My room was noisy early, but I adapted.

Room Tip: I think higher floors might be quieter; a day room we took on the 4th floor seemed nicer than the on...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Immediately upon arrival, we were told that we didn't have a reservation after having pre-paid via Hotels.com. Then when I produced a receipt, they acknowledged the reservation but said it was a rate for 1 person. Then after producing an online receipt that included it was for 2 people, they finally stopped trying to swindle us. The accommodations were very over priced for the room provided, and there was quite a bit of noise that evening.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple