“Everything's great except the location!”

Nomad Palace Hotel Nairobi
and 1 more site!
Nomad Palace Hotel Nairobi
Ranked #111 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Impressed with its modern design and cleanliness. The hospitality of the staffs are above expectation. The security guards try their very best to keep the customers safe. I was even escorted by one to my room. The only negative thing about this hotel is the location. It is situated in a slum area with high criminal rates. One of our drivers' car was hijacked at this very location. Not safe to walk out. If you're out, it's advisable to return before it gets dark for security reasons.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Charis8

Reviewed 1 March 2014

that was nice place in Nairobi, we didnt have mosquitos and etc. Very please. its not so much cheap but for Africa maybe its ok. Many tourists think that Africa is cheap but even our another hostels costed 27-30 USD. So we decided to pay more but being in some more calm place with more security. Because actually it s very important in Africa. But location is really bad. Especially for europeans.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lana_Kazankova
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I had the same experience as Jennzee. The web payment was a scam, I couldn't get a hold of the hotel, and the taxi's wouldn't take me to the hotel out of fear for their own life going into the area.

To begin with I could book normally, then the page changed to Paypal. After having paid using Paypal I received no booking confirmation from the hotel. When I wrote the hotel, they say that the had no registration of my reservation - even more suspicious they did not have a formal email signature, so there was not telephone number to call. They told me that they would let me know as soon as they received my payment.

On the day when I was to go the hotel the hotel's webpage was not working all day. As there had been no email signature in the mail I had gotten from them or booking confirmation I did not have their number so I could not contact them. I tried to get a a driver to take me there, but he said that the hotel is placed in the slums and would not take me there as he feared for his own and my life going into that area!

So I highly advise against using this hotel. Nairobi is a great city but some parts are not safe, this is one of them and the hotel's webpage is a scam!

I also hope that tripadvisor is looking into the validity of the other recommendations provided here
- after my experience I highly doubt them.

- C

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Charlotte R
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We spend 1 night in this hotel. the location is bad. don't drive to the place arrange a driver or a taxi to drop you to the hotel. Don't think of going out of the hotel. the location is not good. rest the inside of the hotel is very good. rooms are spacious , the breakfast was excellent, staff was very friendly and helpful. Our intention was only to spend the night so it was best for us. book it through booking.com. the hotel is outside the city centre.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trynwin
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I tried to book a night's stay with this hotel for September 2013 - I made the booking directly on the hotel website about 2 months before. When you book directly with the website, it requires you to pay immediately. When I made the booking, I received no confirmation or evidence that they had received my booking or my PAYMENT at all. I tried writing an email to the hotel, but received NO response for 2 weeks. As a result, I tried to cancel my booking.

When I tried to cancel my booking, I finally received a response from the hotel telling me that they did have my booking & saying that if I wanted to cancel, I should do so from the website directly. However, there is absolutely no where on the website that allows you to cancel bookings. After a few back and forth e-mails trying to explain that there is no way to cancel on their website, they said they would refund my payment but had to charge me 10% for cancellation EVEN THOUGH there was no where on their website or during the booking process explaining that there would be a cancellation fee of 10%!!! I asked them about this, and received absolutely no response. To this day (today being the 21 October 2013), I have received no refund of my payment AT ALL let alone only a 10% charge. They kept my entire payment.

A word of warning to everyone thinking of booking here - don't! These people stole my money!!! If you must book with them, I highly recommend doing it through an external agent and not with the hotel directly as they are not trustworthy. I tried dealing with this issue through my credit card company & through Pay Pal, but neither of them were able to deal with it. Please please do not book here - they are scammers!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank jennzee
Reviewed 12 October 2013

hotel is nice. neat and comfortable. cant compare to other hotel with the same price. i enjoy my stay there. there staff.. (Anne, Janet and others ) the always smile nd friendly... i recommend the hotel. if u r look for 3 star hotel like other europe, usa uk 3 star hotel go Nomad Palace Hotel... it really nice hotel... Morufu Opayele...

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 27 September 2013

If you concerned about safety, then I will recommend you stay away from this location. There are other budget hotels in better locations in Nairobl. I booked a room here because I had stayed in a similar hotel in Libreville but was totally surprised about the location that I turned right around and went to look for another hotel. I'm sure the beds will be nice and the rooms comfy but my safety is more important.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business