“Not really worth the money”
Review of Wild Earth Day Spa

Wild Earth Day Spa
Ranked #4 of 18 Spas & Wellness in Nairobi
More attraction details
Owner description: A Sanctuary hidden in the busy Westlands district on Peponi Road. Wild Earth Day Spa is a unique concept in spa and relaxation. A facility inspired by Moroccan theme design to relax, rejuvenate, and revive all of the bodies senses. Pamper yourself with a massage, body scrub, manicure, and a fabulous hair style at our boutique salon. Put back a little of what life takes out and call us to book your special appointment. Parking is safe and on private premises.
Buffalo, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Not really worth the money”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Having lived in Asia for several years where $15 massages are standard, it does come as a shock to the system to be paying western prices in a developing country. However, as some friends recommended the place, I thought I would give it a go as it was conveniently located for where we were staying. Sadly, I was not expecting a below standard service.
The setting and ambiance of the place are actually very pleasant indeed and the staff are quite nice too. They will give you some fruit to eat after the massage and you can relax for a time as well.
On the negative side, if I am paying for a 90 minute massage, I expect a 90 minute massage, not 75 minutes. Granted, perhaps being short-changed over 15 minutes less for a $15 massage is no big deal but this costs almost $100 so please forgive me if I am being somewhat picky.
When paying the bill I mentioned this to the girl at the desk and she said she would "take it under consideration." What exactly does that mean??? To make matters even more interesting, the person who gave me the massage suddenly appeared only to argue with me that she did in fact give me a full 90 minutes. I told her that there was a clock on the wall and I did check it when the massage started and when she finished but she just stood there and denied it. No point causing a fuss so I just left and crossed that place of my list. I half expected a call from the owner as our number was listed but not a peep so either she never got to find out or customer retention is not that much of a big deal.

Visited December 2012
13 Thank FinnmaccoolHanoi

Norfolk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Booked my appointment online... quick reply back. The traffic on the road near the spa is the only prob. The spa itself was great. I especially liked the quick feedback when I made my appointment. In and out feeling good. Recommend!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sal M
Nairobi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“fair”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The place is very beautiful but to be honest i did not like their service. i had to enquire if their culture is to hurriedly serve clients while at the spa! i didnt feel like i got any service at all.. a full body massage that only lasted 10mins! yet i was entiled to 1 hr 45 mins?

do something about the bugging mosquitos as well.

Visited October 2012
5 Thank Kim K
Wild_Earth_Day_Spa, Owner at Wild Earth Day Spa, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
I will enquire as to why you only received a 10min massage and issue will be addressed. This is not our practice. Currently we are situated in a deciduous location. With the abnormal unpredictable weather pattern during the change of season we have to adapt to the natural changes until we have some consistency. Mosquitoes are an abnormal client in the spa. We will take natural approaches to deter the mosquitoes as to not ruin the experience of our clients. I sincerely apologize for your experience. Thank you for you review.
London, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Lovely, but probably wouldn't go back”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I booked a whole spa day experience months in advance knowing that I would have a day off on one of my regular business trips to Kenya. It was all very lovely, until during my facial my therapist said she would leave the mask on for 15 minutes, and then disappeared. After 45 minutes I got fed up, got dressed, and went looking for her. It was very disappointing after 4 hours of lovely relaxation to then have the stress of waiting and waiting and waiting and eventually giving up! For this reason, I would not go back, but that was just because of my experience. I know many expats who go regularly.

As a side note, the lunch was nice. I had the greek salad.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Natasha W
We sincerely apologize for the lack of attention and service. It it is inexcusable and we will address the problem. Thank you for submitting your review.
Lagos, Nigeria
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not so sure”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is the first spa I have been to in Nairobi. For the price and hype received on trip advisor, I expected a lot.

Went for a day out with friends that started with some massage. The grounds of the spa are nice and serene but the interior is in need of some upgrade. The ambience expected in a spa is missing.

Having been to spas around the world, the lack of attention to detail is worrying.

The massage itself could be better as I now have a nagging headache after the massage therapist gave me a head and face massage.

I don't think I would be recommending this to anyone

Visited July 2012
1 Thank charlesboham
Wild_Earth_Day_Spa, Owner at Wild Earth Day Spa, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
We are proud to be 100% Kenyan staffed and aspire to international standards. Your feed back does help us continue in the right direction and we sincerely apologize if our facilities did not meet your expectations. All feedback is discussed in weekly meetings and will be addressed. Thank you so much for visiting and we appreciate your input on Trip Advisor.