“Good hangout place”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Visited the Artcaffe at Junction Mall and shared a well made creme brulee with a friend and later some pasta.
The pasta was slightly too al dente for me but other than that was delicious

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Artcaffe is a wonderful gem. We visited all four branches and liked the one at Village Market the best. Wonderful vibe and consistently great food (we have probably visited Artcaffe about eight times in the last two months).

The service is efficient and friendly. The breakfasts are great (a LOT of food), try the eggs benedict - perfectly poached eggs! Their banana yoghart is also great - could be a meal on its own.

I think what makes the place successful is the ambiance it creates. Obviously catering for foreigners - but I would be happy to eat here every day if I could.

Try the apple pie - great!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Always a treat. Tasty food in a stylish environment. This restaurant chain is definitely a great addition to Nairobi's culinary scene.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

On my previous visit last year, I witnessed a staff preparing ice cream with dripping hands! This time, I was forced to eat there as I was starving and the West Gate branch was the nearest place I could go to.. I had fresh mango juice for my drinks and voila.. got 2 sticks out of it that went into the straw and almost get stuck in my throat! When I called the waiter and informed him about it, he just said he would get a new one! No apologies or concern on how unhygienic it was (seems the are used to it!)! I asked him to call the manager and he refused. He said they didn't have a manager! Seriously?! A resto w/o a manager?! So I called another waiter and asked him to call the manager for me. The manager came and apologized but did not seem concern on how the stick got into my drinks. Defensively, he told me they serve thousands of people and it does not happen often.. still it does!!! He offred to have the meal on-the-house but it is not the point! I am not after a free meal.. I can pay even 10x the cost of my meal.. They did not show interest in addressing the issue! This place is terrible! Lousy service! disgusting food!

2  Thank wandering_dive_geek
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is one place where I always like to spend an afternoon or evening, provided one can get a place to sit! Its always packed and the food, drinks and service is great. Child friendly - they have the most 'high chairs' for infants that I have seen. Excellent location, inside Westgate Mall, so you can shop, change money, and still have a meal or drink of just plain relaxation while others shop! Very highly recommended!

1  Thank VikInd