“incredible fast internet”

Ranked #118 of 250 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Aarhus, Denmark
“incredible fast internet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

If you are looking for a place to work and need internet connection, this is the place to go to. The staff is friendly, and Anni the manager will make sure you have everything you need.

The breakfast is good, so is the food you can buy for dinner and lunch. It is located in a quit safe area, so ice if you want to avoid the loud downtown area.

The drive from the airport is about 45 minuts, with moderate traffic.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MariaStorgaard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Ten reasons for choosing the Eden Gardens:
1. Peace of mind - do business not deal with issues
2. Quiet environment - you are in the suburb not downtown
3. Upscale neighborhood - beautiful layout and nice neighbors
4. High security - no security concerns whatsoever
5. Professional staff- cannot improve on Ann, Monique, Grace, Asman, Sheila, or Phoebe
6. Meeting space- indoors or outside, they make your business meetings successful
7. Easy to find: Lavington on the Convent Road, take the right at the ABC store on Waiyaki, and a left on to Kisaberian and straight up and down the hill and you are there-25 minutes to downtown, UN compound, USAID, Limuru road, Gigeri
8. Mosquito nets: never underestimate the power of the mosquito to ruin your life
9. Breakfast, lunch and dinner: there is absolutely no need to go anywhere--nutritious, filling and delicious meals.
10. The Pool: whether it is to cool off or do exercises or enjoy the sight--it is clean, inviting and refreshing
11. Okay I am over ten, but there's more to say
12. Artwork on the walls -- local beautiful colorful
13. Brew your own coffee--I am a real brewed coffee aficionado and every morning I am welcomed to use my coffee press for rich, brewed lattes. Oh my!
14. The food: fresh vegetables, brown rice, fish, salad, meat, you have to experience it to realize just how wonderfully tasty it is
15. Family accommodations: a whole guesthouse for families, interconnecting suites for families.
16. Hostel environment: informal, comfortable, meet your neighbors, make new business and social friends
17. Daily cleanliness: every single day every part of the hotel is cleaned. And if there are spaces you think should be cleaned, just say the word, and it will be done. (I am a clean freak and when I saw uncleaned corners, I raised the concern and it was taken care of immediately).
18. The ownership: Danish owners understand the needs of international business people and the wants of vacationers--everyone is accommodated
19. Ok, I am going to finally say cost: well you cannot beat the price period, must less for what you get. I am paying $40 a night and sharing a bathroom. I was concerned at first but then I understood that i do not have to deal with a bathroom in my room and I felt totally happy. I like having my toiletries and my needs somewhere other than my room. To save $15 a night just to walk five feet to my "own" bathroom is just wonderful.
20. No smoking policy--thank you!
21. Still have not instituted recycling of bottles and cans--please make mention when you visit.
22. Walking: I am a walker and I walk every day down Chalbi Drive for three or more miles back and forth. Everyone is friendly. Now I want to walk to say hi to the people.
23. Car service: excellent cars and drivers, courteous, knowledgeable, good cars, and please negotiate!
24. Access to food, money exchange-- a half mile down the road is a Nakumatt with everything you need--I walk there and walk back. Nice, no problems.
25. Other Residents: when you find people who care about the same things you do, it makes life really pleasant.
26. Presentation: everything is in its right place at the right time, and if it isn't, just say the word
27. Digital platforms: wireless connections 24/7
28. TV: all the channels from all the countries
29. Service: frankly, better than the Hilton or the Laica Regency; why? Because they mean it and you are on the ground floor and can walk around and simply be yourself.
30. Security: I am a businesswoman and I care about my security. Once you are here, everyone in the neighborhood looks out for you. Not just at the hotel but the security guards everywhere. they get to know you. Each person is everyone's responsibility. Find that downtown if you can.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. I care mostly about cost so I chose to share a bathroom. I have been here al...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Christina F
Kufstein, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Eden Garden has simple rooms, but it has very friendly staff and is situated in a quiet and safe part of Nairobi. Everything you need is near: restaurant (also in Eden Garden), supermarket, bank...
The staff also organized well my airport transfer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Tomkapl
Athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I wouldn’t say that Eden Gardens is for a “luxuru seeker” but it is a place that gave me the sence of “being at home”
Smiling and warm people, always found a way to make me feel comfortable and relaxed…
Wonderful surroundings and a lovely pool…

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

My family arrived in Nairobi from Ethiopia, so we were hoping for more of an upgrade in living environment. While the customer service was excellent by Alice at the front desk and the Chef who cooked the excellent breakfast, the overall condition of the "hotel" was average at best. The good news is that the price per room is fairly reasonable, especially since it includes breakfast.

In the three rooms that we booked, two of them had a shared bathroom which was fine except that we didn't know that you need to turn on the "hot water switch" to get the hot water to work. The shared bathroom also needs to be updated.

In the two rooms with a shared bathroom, both of them had an electric wire hanging down in the middle of the room with an exposed light bulb on the wire. In the house that we rented, the furnishing were much nicer and includes a living room and kitchen. However, we could not get the hot water to work even after clicking the hot water button.

The breakfasts were excellent and the Chef worked to get exactly what we ordered and at the time requested. The room for the breakfasts is very nice and has a sitting area and TV in it.

The area around the "hotel" (it is really just a couple of houses converted to a hotel) is well-landscaped and there is a small waterfall and a pool in the property. The hotel is surrounded by a wall and metal gate and has a guard, so we felt safe. The sorrounding area is a neighborhood. The hotel is about a 30 minutes drive from the airport, which can be longer if Nairobi traffic is bad (which it regularly is).

Overall we really appreciated the customer service, but the facilties weren't at a level currently that we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Getting a room with a bathroom is worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TeamTex
karachi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This is my second time to Kenya, deciding to take my daughter to the sights and sounds of safari and the beautiful beaches of Mombasa. However, the start couldnt have been worse. From the surreal landscape of Nairobi airport after it was burned out last week, to the neverending drive to the hut. The locality is at least an hour away from the aiport, in an absolutely remote corner of Nairobi, a place which can be aptly called the heart of darkness. we were dead tired after a long flight, and were shocked to hear that our booking has been cancelled. This happened at 11pm at night, and however polite the owner tried to be in paying for our taxi and giving us an alternate hotel, the whole episode left a very bad taste in our mouth. We were given a night in a hotel called Nairobi Transit Hotel, which was possibly the worst hotel in the worst area of Nairobi I have ever stayed. This hut is not recommended, unless you reallly want to experience how people in shantytown live.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank pakistanitraveller

Travellers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Fort Lauderdale
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I had booked a deluxe double room based on the photos of the property. Specifically, I was expecting the red room with the nice looking furniture. When we arrived, we were given the standard room which was too small for two of us to move around in with our luggage. I pulled up my reservation online and asked if we had the deluxe room. The front desk clerk said that was the room they offer for our price range. I complained that I had booked a deluxe room and showed her the photos on their website, specifically showing that we were put in the standard room. She offered to let us use the other deluxe room (not the red one) for the same price. We could now have both rooms for the original price or just the deluxe room and share the restroom for a discount. We did not want to share the bathroom so we took both rooms. The restroom is outside of the rooms, but there is an external door that closes all three rooms off from other guests.

The "other" deluxe room is the shown in the subsequent photos. It is essentially a standard room, just larger. There is no sofa like the one pictured in the red room. So be careful when booking, as you may not get the room you expect.

As for the property itself, the outside looks nice, but as other reviewers have indicated, the pretty waterfall/stream that runs through the backyard is essentially sewage. We tried to get close to take photos, but were kept away by the stench. Bathroom was moldy and did not have hot water. By American standards, the inside would be comparable to a highway "no-tell motel" but this appears to be the norm for budget lodgings at about the $100/night range in Nairobi.

The chef was very nice and helpful and the food was pretty good. He asked if we were staying for a month and I almost laughed out loud. I'm still trying to figure out if he was joking or not.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends