“My experience at Ridgeville Resort and conference center”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Oak Place Conference & Training Centre
Ranked #90 of 197 Speciality Lodging in Nairobi
Thika, Kenya
“My experience at Ridgeville Resort and conference center”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This may seem weird but having worked for at organization for two years and attending so many team building sessions , seminars and conference in most of the best hotels in Nairobi, I have never felt so comfortable like I did at Ridgeville hence this is my second hotel that am writing a review of.
Ridgeville is located in the outcasts of Nairobi, at ridgeways to be precise, the organization vehicle dropped and picked us from there but am made to understand that the area is well accessible even with the public means or taxi cabs. At the entrance we were welcomed warmly with a porridge and soup which were served in a calabash (, for the first time in my life I felt like I was drinking something else which is more expensive that the normal porridge I take at home or in any hotel in Nairobi which is served in a mug.), we enjoyed as we watched some foreigners been welcomed by local dancers dancing to the cultural local tunes, This are some of the cultural practices that the hotel maintains
We were then taken to our rooms where we would spend the night, the rooms were well lit and ventilated, it felt so good breathing in clean air as opposed to the polluted air we breathe on daily basis as we head for our offices .
Early in the morning I enjoyed the singing and whistling that came from the birds as we took our morning session which mainly included jogging and physical exercises. We then went to enjoy our breakfast which was well served; we were able to interact with other hotel guest and made new friends.
The day was well spent and it did not go without me noticing the beautiful well-manicured landscape and the humble employees who served us, the hotel location for a while took me away from the daily matatus(public transport )noise and the air pollution.
My stay at Ridgeville can only be summarized by saying I loved and enjoyed my stay there from the excellent customer, beautifully manicured gardens and the culture they uphold.
For a stay there you can visit their website http://ridgevilleresort.com/ at or join them in facebook and remember to share your experience with me.

Room Tip: Rooms were very good
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Michael M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Irthlingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed at Oak Place while working in Nairobi. The hotel offers a very peaceful and relaxing environment to unwind. I found the staff to be very eager to please and nothing was too much trouble.
A large percentage of the hotel business is conference and wedding facilities, so sometimes breakfast and dinner service was a little slow, but I didn't mind as I was happy to relax and drink a cold Tusker. Would have liked to have a wider choice of fruit and bread at breakfast, but that said everything was fresh and clean.
I stayed in one of the garden lodges and this was very spacious and clean.

I am looking forward to staying there again in January 2014

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nigel H
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We were in Kenya for three weeks and spent one week here. Initialythey were good but then after 3 days they started getting sloppy, we would call for room service and an hour later we would call back to find out why the food was taking so long and we would be told that nobody took out order. I would go the restraunt for breakfast would order something and still they would get it wrong. Our toilet stopped flushing and they kept saying they were going to fix it, on the third day of it not being fixed we moved to another room. The manager was overheard being rude and very dismisive when our complaint was presented to him. He never even came to apologies to us for the inconvenience they caused us by moving to anther room ( we had several bags as we had travelled from abroad and we had out 2 year old with us)
All in all we enjoyed the last night we were in Kenya by taking our parents out to eat there for dinner, the chef came and took out order and was very attentive to out needs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Msafiri2066

Travellers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Attending a conference and I am very disappointed with the establishment. Conference toilets were dirty and only cleaned after tea break. No hand towels or drier provided in the toilets. Staff were unhelpful and unprepared for us over lunch break. Asked for butter to accompany the bread roll but none was served. Few fruits provided as dessert. Grounds are beautiful but the management has to train its staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wakesho254
South B, Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very calm, VERY VERY beautiful place. Very Relaxing. I loved it. It has a fantastic & awesome atmosphere, a lovely restaurant, food is great, location is just AMAZING!!! I LOVED IT!! This is my default hideout location from now on.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kevin K
Trondheim
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were here for one night on our way to mombasa. We fell in love with the place. The staff was friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed our breakfast in the morning.

We were a family of three and we found the room spacious and clean. The hotel is situated on a vast huge ground that is kept clean and well trimmed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Machoman6363
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Oak Place is in an ideal location away from the hustle and bustle of the city center. The environment is quiet with lots of fresh air, and you will appreciate this after being the city, which is polluted and dirty. Oak Place is very spacious with amazing landscape.

The cottages are just amazing considering the rates, which are pretty reasonable. The furnishings in the room are contemporary and they complement the hardwood floor. The bed is very comfortable. The room is good-sized and very clean with a small safe (which fits your wallet and other small items but I couldn't fit in my laptop), an iron box (a lot of hotels in Kenya do not have this), and a mini-fridge. The bathroom is clean and there is hot water.

A downside to this otherwise wonderful venue is their room service and restaurant service. I'll start with the restaurant. The ambiance is OK, but that might be that there weren't very many people in the restaurant at the time. My only issue is the menu - they did not have very many things available as listed on the menu, and unfortunately, I have experienced this at a number of restaurants in Kenya. I'm not sure if some of the food items are put on there just to make the menu look appealing or if the restaurant genuinely has run out of ALL this stuff. Either way, that is not how a restaurant should operate!

Now to the room service. It took getting a hold of three people and a time frame of an hour to just get a menu brought to our room so that we could order our dinner. Of course, what we wanted was not available, for example sandwiches, and so we ended up eating the exact same thing we had the night before.

Other than the restaurant and room service, I would recommend Oak Place. If they addressed the mentioned issues this place would be a great local getaway!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple