“great place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Oak Place Hotel & Coference Centre
Ranked #92 of 210 Speciality Lodging in Nairobi
Seattle, Washington
“great place”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I love this place. the customer service was superb. The food and the amenities were exceptional. I liked the conference rooms which are clean and offer spacious room for meetings. I recommend this place to any groups that would like to hold meetings in a quiet and serene environment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The meals were excellent.Continue the good work,good service also felt pampered.The location of the place is at a serene place which makes it so perfect.The gardens are beautiful and amazing.The swimming pool area is very clean and the pool is huge.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Arusha, Tanzania
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Recently visited Oak place. I loved that it is just outside the city but also convenient to Nairobi City. The service was excellent. The grounds are pretty. I loved that it was clean. I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Irene F
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I've made it my regular meetings venue because the ambience is super and has everything I need for a smooth meeting. The venue has it all , from restaurant, accommodation ,meeting facilities etc oak place is the best for whatever reason. I would and have recommended it to many of my clients.
*please give us back the right to take away Friday stir fry*

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2014

a friend told me about Oak Place so i decided to go have some fun with my family on Sunday after church service... I must say that it really is a very beautiful place, the scenery was just amazing, the food esp the Barbeque meat was just awesome but the service was below 10% for me... our waiter was too slow esp with the drinks and i had to remind him of our orders..... otherwise the kids utterly enjoyed themselves at the Kids corner where they have set the games and go-carts...

Room Tip: room 15 is just out of this world!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thika, Kenya
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This may seem weird but having worked for at organization for two years and attending so many team building sessions , seminars and conference in most of the best hotels in Nairobi, I have never felt so comfortable like I did at Ridgeville hence this is my second hotel that am writing a review of.
Ridgeville is located in the outcasts of Nairobi, at ridgeways to be precise, the organization vehicle dropped and picked us from there but am made to understand that the area is well accessible even with the public means or taxi cabs. At the entrance we were welcomed warmly with a porridge and soup which were served in a calabash (, for the first time in my life I felt like I was drinking something else which is more expensive that the normal porridge I take at home or in any hotel in Nairobi which is served in a mug.), we enjoyed as we watched some foreigners been welcomed by local dancers dancing to the cultural local tunes, This are some of the cultural practices that the hotel maintains
We were then taken to our rooms where we would spend the night, the rooms were well lit and ventilated, it felt so good breathing in clean air as opposed to the polluted air we breathe on daily basis as we head for our offices .
Early in the morning I enjoyed the singing and whistling that came from the birds as we took our morning session which mainly included jogging and physical exercises. We then went to enjoy our breakfast which was well served; we were able to interact with other hotel guest and made new friends.
The day was well spent and it did not go without me noticing the beautiful well-manicured landscape and the humble employees who served us, the hotel location for a while took me away from the daily matatus(public transport )noise and the air pollution.
My stay at Ridgeville can only be summarized by saying I loved and enjoyed my stay there from the excellent customer, beautifully manicured gardens and the culture they uphold.
For a stay there you can visit their website http://ridgevilleresort.com/ at or join them in facebook and remember to share your experience with me.

Room Tip: Rooms were very good
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Michael M
Irthlingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed at Oak Place while working in Nairobi. The hotel offers a very peaceful and relaxing environment to unwind. I found the staff to be very eager to please and nothing was too much trouble.
A large percentage of the hotel business is conference and wedding facilities, so sometimes breakfast and dinner service was a little slow, but I didn't mind as I was happy to relax and drink a cold Tusker. Would have liked to have a wider choice of fruit and bread at breakfast, but that said everything was fresh and clean.
I stayed in one of the garden lodges and this was very spacious and clean.

I am looking forward to staying there again in January 2014