Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi
US$100
US$167
Orbitz.com
US$586
All reviewsthe holiday inngolden spurspur restaurantpoolside restaurantcolonial style hotelan oasisbreakfast and dinnerexcellent breakfastpool sidebusy citybusiness tripwi fimasai maraenjoyed my stayhome away from homesafarifrogs
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed at the Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi this past week for four days, and it is one of the more pleasant hotels to stay at in Nairobi. The service is very good and the meals are very good, especially in a town where many of the meals could be considered average, or even below average. I was made to feel welcome at all times. The scenery inside the hotel is very pretty and the layout of the hotel provides a reasonable privacy, which is not always easy to come by. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and the garden. There are two large pools in the hotel
1  Thank freewanderingspiirit
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Overall good experience of stay in the hotel. Courteous staff, good service delivery,Decent food and accomodation- in short, value for money.Good memories for a repeat.Highly Recommended for both business and leisure travel!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, even though short -the service received was impeccable, the meals were generally excellent (apart from the grilled chicken)I ordered one of the nights. Highly recommended

1  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a terrible night, the room was dirty, we ordered food but it took so long for it to be delivered in our room, when my husband went to check on the food, he was harassed by the prostitutes at the bar, I don't think I will waste my money there again

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank jeanner2
Michael P, Manager at Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Jeanner2

Thank you so much for your recent visit to Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi and thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of service delivery you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that this is certainly not the level of service delivery that we pride ourselves on. Your husband's experience at our Bar has prompted an investigation as we are most concerned regarding this matter.

We sincerely hope that you will reconsider your decision not to return to Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi and I respectfully request that should you decide to do so, that you contact me directly in order that I can personally facilitate your reservation and ensure that you enjoy our standards and hospitality.

Yours sincerely,
Michael Phillipson

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Overall very good, but current service quality improvement efforts need to be sustained.The check in and check out services were very good. Also the foreign currency services offered good rates. My executive double room was comfortable. The location of the hotel to the City Center and Shopping Center was just right and the facilities in the hotel were adequate, although the gardens and the exercise facilities could be much improved.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business