“Variable consistency of service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #28 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
Mwanza, Tanzania
“Variable consistency of service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Hilton strives to make you feel at home, and in a sense this is why you pay their rates, but it is not a consistent feature if you arrive late at night/leave very. Notorious lack of supervision, which translate in lower standards compared to our experience of the past 5 years. Hopefully a temporary issue.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Nairobi again and we do thank you for your loyalty. Thank you for taking the time to write to us as we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comment that during your recent stay with us that despite having a pre-arranged airport transfer, you were kept waiting for the hotel shuttle. You also mentioned that the experience of the late check in and checkout did not match the standards that we have provided to you before; notably was the laxity of our front desk team leading to the inconsistency of service, this is of great concern to us. Please accept my sincere apologies for this disappointing experience and inconvenience caused to you. I have personally addressed the issue with my Night Manager and we have put corrective measures in place to ensure this does happen again in future.

Our esteemed guest, we appreciate you honest feedback, and although we have not been able to meet your expectation. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

Yours sincerely,

Martin Voskamp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

pros:
-right in the business district / close to almost everything
-well kept reception and breakfast area
-good breakfast with lots to choose from and attentive staff (we did get food poisoning one day, but the verdict is still out on if it was something from the breakfast or something we happened to pick up outside...)
-very good quality tours (we did the safari and rift valley viewpoint) with great driver James!

cons:
-the rooms are quite in need of repair.
-currently the construction of a third elevator underway. the banging started bright and early.
-internet only available for free in public areas. available in rooms for 22 dollars per 24 hour.
-slow reception staff
-overpriced gift shop
-overpriced tours - we paid approximately 70% more than if we had booked it through regular channels.
-the taxi staff also consistently asked everything to be settled in cash instead of billing it to the room which made everything a bit shady.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank swanderlusters
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi.

We are pleased to hear that you appreciated our location and enjoyed the variety of choice in our breakfast buffet. We are happy to note that you had quality and a quality tour with our tour guide/drive James; I have had the pleasure to share your comment with him.

With regards of the physical state of our rooms , we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance. I am sorry for the banging noise experienced due to the ongoing construction of elevators, and rest assured this inconvenience will be over soon.
We also note that the service of our team members and prices of our services did not meet your expectation, please accept my apologies, and we appreciate your feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests. I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide and re-establish your faith in our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Great staff and clean rooms. The poolbar could be open later in the evening since it is a nice area to sit in.

The hotel is situated in the middle of the city which means it takes time to go anywhere due to heavy trafic.

ery expencive breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are pleased to read that you appreciate our team members hospitality and cleanliness of our rooms. Regarding the pool bar closing time, I wish to advice that we only close when the last guest leaves the restaurant . We are sorry if you found it closed.

As of breakfast price, although this may be high, it is at par with all other five star hotels within the city, only at independent, small local restaurants are the prices indeed a lot less, but at comparable, safe international properties one pays a similar amount as you were charged at our hotel.

With regards of traffic, as we cannot entirely avoid traffic within the City, we always advice our guest to plan their schedules early enough in order to meet their deadline.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Manassas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

The Nairobi Hilton was a great hotel with genuine concern for our safety and service. All hotel staff provided professional and considerate service in taking care of all of our needs. All personnel went above-and-beyond to make our stay comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience and we sincerely appreciate your compliments, for it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Thank you.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have stayed in Hilton Family hotels all over the world. I can easily say the staff at this hotel were the friendliest and most helpful staff I can recall from any of my stays at other hotels. Subsequent to making my reservation, I received an e-mail inquiring if I needed assistance with an airport transfer. Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted. No issues or delays with checking in for my stay. All questions were answered with a smile. I had an issue with the internet that required a manager to open the business center after hours for me so I could send a critical e-mail with attachments. This was readily done. The room itself was clean and comfortable. Very good location for downtown Nairobi and I had no issues/concerns with safety. The food in the restaurant was good, with a nice selection. I requested and received a late check-out due to my late evening flight. No issues. Check out was likewise easy and friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel and highly commend the staff.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid any street noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vtstutz
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton during your recent visit to Nairobi, Kenya. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and especially for mentioning our great customer service. Our team takes great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays. We sincerely appreciate your compliments, for which I have gladly shared with our team members.

Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I was appalled to see that this is actually a hotel with the hilton nAme. The pool bar is nothing like it looks in photos. The rooms need serious work and are very dingy! The junior suites are almost like the normal rooms.

Other than that i can say that the breakfast was good though. But overall. Definitely not 5 star standArd.

Staff were super helpful though.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at Hilton Nairobi. I am sincerely sorry and regret to read your dissatisfaction with the physical outlook and state of the facilities. However, I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

Our esteemed Guest, we are glad to note that you were very satisfied with our customer service and you enjoyed our breakfast.

I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi and re-establish your faith in our hotel.

MANUELA BRODE I Director of Operations

Travellers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

good hotel in the best location. staff are friendly especially the security gaurd he warned us of the areas to avoid when we were exiting the hotel for a stroll.

The break fast is good . Lovely swimming pool and pool side amenities.

Only downside is that it is expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Nairobi. It was indeed a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi. We are glad to note that you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff as well as the recreational facilities and location of the hotel. We are grateful for your nice feedback.