“Good for staying in bussiness trip”
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #31 of 168 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 4 March 2014

It was a good experience in a well located hotel with good facilities. Staff was very kind always and committed to satisfy my requests. For the price, they should provide free internet access in guest rooms and not only in the lobby. Variety of food at restaurant facilities was good. Security was very tight for obvious reasons and other services such as concierge, taxis, etc., were provided efficiently.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you mentioning our great customer service, facilities, security and efficiency.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel is not in a good part of the city, however it is in walking distance to government departments if you are doing business with them. The hotel can do with a refurbishment, especially the bathrooms and the bar fridge did not work properly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We have read your comment with regards of the need to refurbish our facility and I regret that the physical outlook did not meet your expectation. I am therefore pleased to advise that we are in the planning process of a master plan renovation that, over time, will take care of the overall hotel facilities and appearance.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was probably a place to stay one upon a time - no longer I am afraid. As above plus, the public areas are not the worst I have seen but the rooms are awful. Tired soft furnishings, grey towels, shabby paintwork - looks original 60's! I would def not stay here again - what a let down for Hilton hotels!!! Not at all up to standard!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. Unfortunately, the physical state of our facility did not meet your expectation, my sincere apologies for this. However, I wish to inform you, that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.

We do appreciate your critical and constructive feedback and this will assist us in improving our standards and service delivery.

I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide and re-establish your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Its an old property but decently maintained. It happens to be in city center and surronded by a buzzing office and commercial area. The hotel has nice lounge and restaurants which gives you good food options. Don't forget to try Indian food if you're longing for it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words with regards to your recent stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi. We are very glad that you were satisfied with your overall experience, and as well you liked the location.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We had meeting there for two days and were accommodated there. I was really excited that I would stay at the Hilton and its right in the middle of town. The entrance looked old but in a grand way, the welcome superb. The group room rates were very affordable. It is definitely far from the 5 star experience, obviously it has lost its grandeur with time.WIFI was good, the staff were helpful and friendly and breakfast was my main highlight there.
I didn't like the rooms too much as the furnishing seemed old and needed an update, the rooms smelled damp and moldy and had to change my room three times!!! When I finally settled in, I noticed the drain in the bathroom was not great- it didn't not drain quickly when showering. If it wasn't for work I would have checked out to moved to another hotel.

Room Tip: Inspect the rooms before settling in. Make sure the drains work well in the bathroom and the plumbin...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi. We are pleased to hear that you appreciated our team members hospitality and breakfast. Unfortunately, the physical state of our facility did not meet your expectation; please accept our sincere apology for this, and be informed that we are currently in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this.

As of the room smell, I am sorry for the discomfort experienced. I have discussed this with the executive housekeeper to address with her team and to ensure corrective measures are put in place.

We do appreciate your feedback, and hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I thought I booked a 5 star hotel! I would only rate this hotel as 3+ hotel only. the pillows were eccessivly soft and could not have a good sleep. the AC regulator was broken. stand bulb was fused and no one bothered to change it. the Toilet was not clean and looked a century old. why NO Free WI FI? at least in the Lobby!! I hope you will improve your hotel. M.S.FAKHRI Managing Director Fakhri Travel & Tourism Centre Kingdom of Bahrain

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

It was truly a pleasure to serve you and we thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. At Hilton we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us; my sincerest apologies for this. As of the physical state of the hotel, we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance. Meanwhile our engineers have inspected the room and replaced AC regulator and the bulb.

I have shared your concern regarding bathroom cleanliness with our executive housekeeper. Kindly be ensured that corrective measures have been put in place to avoid a re-occurence.

I would also wish to explain that we do offer free internet in all public areas of the Hotel only and regret to see that this was not explained to you properly during your recent stay with us.

Our esteemed guest, we do appreciate your critical but constructive feedback and I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Comfortable and well-positioned, at lower price than other luxury hotels. It's not as fancy as other 5-star hotels, either, because it has not been entirely updated. But I assume that keeps the room rate low in comparison. Note that even though this is right downtown, all rooms are quiet because of good soundproof windows. I doubt there are any noisy rooms. Cons: high charge for in-room wifi.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Manuela B, Director of Operations at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi. We are happy that you enjoyed the comfort of our facility and location. We look forward to welcome you back again soon.