“Ms”

Ranked #28 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
Mombasa, Kenya
“Ms”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I liked the experience of staying at the hilton hotel Nairobi, it was beautiful however the sauna was not hot, ucaliptas was not available for both sauna and the steam birth. The Birth rooms are tiny and the hotel can do better if they can do some renovation for the birth rooms, the towels are very old

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us at the Hilton Nairobi.

We have noted your comment with regards to sauna not being hot and eucalyptus missing in both sauna and steam bath, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. However, I wish to explain that the Sauna temperature and eucalyptus essence is adjusted/provided based on individual needs, my sincere apologies if this was not explained to you by the health club personnel. I have shared your feedback with our health club manager to take corrective action.

As of the size of the bathrooms and physical outlook of our facility, we regret to read that we have not been able to meet your expectation, but I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel in time to come.

We truly hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi.

With kind regards,

Yours sincerely

AMOS MWORIA I Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Awful awful awful. Honestly, worse than any motel in Thailand, Paris and London. Nightmare to stay 2 nights there. Obviously the best hotel in town as Obama came and stayed. I paid fortune ($240 per night in off peak season while average is like $60-70). I found the bed sheet was so thin and moulded. Air conditioner didn't work properly. Such a small room (like youth hostel in London in college years). The carpet smells such weird and awkward. Toilet. Such a small toilet. Water temperature changed every single minute. So sometimes I felt mysterious whether I got burnt or not. Water smelled quite muddy as well. Breakfast.... Was okay but that's not what I'd like to pay. I expected something local but was rather filled with sausages and omelet. Overall, I must say this is a great standard in local terms and I cannot really complain about the quality, but NOT WORTH PAYING $240 per night. One great feature is security. Always safe. Oh don't trust concierge much. Concierge is linked to the specific tour guide companies ripping off the guests. I paid for $1,200 for 10 days long tour, but the two guests who arranged the trip with concierge ended up paying $1,800 for same routine. Also, please take US dollar all journey long. Prepare plenty of 1 dollar bills to spare with kids.

Room Tip: Go to motel and pay less. Be ready to pay in cash. Talk to many others and keep negotiating for anyt...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your critical and constructive feedback with us.

Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always take pride in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home.

We have noted with concern all the areas mentioned; the air condition, condition of room, toilet size, water, breakfast and our concierge. Unfortunately we have not been able to meet your expectation; my sincere apologies for this should not be the case. I have discussed with the respective department heads to take corrective measures. We are pleased to advise that we are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

We appreciate your good comments regarding our security which made you feel safe.

We sincerely hope you will give us another chance to make it right, and to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests.

Front Desk Manager

Travellers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Do not expect this hotel to conform to international standards by the letter. Otherwise, disappointment looms. However, after a few concessions to local and post-colonial views, this is a good hotel for business or short holidays. A nice swimming pool, a few nice restaurants and bars, what else is needed, after all. On the side of staff, people did the job and delivered.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience, and thank you for the fine compliments you make about our swimming pool, restaurants, bars and team members service.

Front Desk Manger
Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The best part of the hotel is the staff . They are all very polite and make you feel at home. The theme decorations in the restaurants are quite interesting, especially the TRAVELLERS ! And the fact that it is centrally located in the city, travellers can go sight seeing without any problem. I truly had a Wonderful stay at the Hilton Nairobi.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Amos M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 26 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, and thank you for the fine compliments you make about our team members , restaurants and location .

We appreciate your wonderful feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Front Desk Manager
Entebbe, Uganda
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Checking-in after an unpleasant experience at another hotel is quite a relief. If you've stayed here before it's all fairly predictable and check-in is a pleasant experience, especially when still chuckling at having been greeted with a cheery "welcome back, Sir" by the Concierge and responded with "I've never been here before".

For me, the excitement of wondering what won't work in the room this time is always part of the thrill.This time it was the hot water tap to the sink.

On check-out three days later, and despite having been reported and re-reported, it still didn't work.

I was planning to suggest they use the proceeds from the outrageous in-room internet connection charges to hire a plumber, but every time I saw the General Manager wandering around with the air of a man who doesn't have a care in the world, I realised it would fall on deaf ears.

Room Tip: Ask at check-in for a room in which "everything works". When you get there, check every do...
Manuela B, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us.

We do appreciate your honest feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

I have noted your comments regarding the hot water tap and sink which you reported during your stay and were not attended to. I am indeed sorry that this really inconvenienced you and I have reported the same to our Chief Engineer for corrective measures to be taken and avoid this from occurring the future.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Nairobi again, to prove to you that we always strive to satisfy all our guests staying with us and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 19 May 2014

HiltonNairobi, is very basic compared to other hotels close by. The hotel, rooms, bathrooms are in serious need of a revamp / refurbishments. Old fixtures and fitting which are outdated. Bathrooms have cracked tiles. Food at buffet staions for breakfast and lunch were good. The waiters though were hard to find at times.

Manuela B, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us.

We have noted your comment regarding the status of our rooms and bathrooms, I am indeed very sorry for this did not meet your expectation. We are indeed in the planning process of a master plan renovation that will enhance the overall hotel facilities and appearance; the nearly completed lift replacement is the first part of this project.

Thank you for the fine compliments regarding food served both at breakfast and lunch. I however regret to note that the waiters could not be easily reached and I have shared your sentiments with the food & beverage manager for corrective measures to be taken.

Sasolburg, South Africa
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I experience a excellent stay and the service if very good. The rooms are well maintained and the breakfast is excellent. I would recommend it for tourists and business stay anytime. It is walking distance from the company I had business with. The pool and fitness area is world class. Thank you Hilton

Manuela B, Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this review, 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, and thank you for the fine compliments you make about our service, breakfast and pool fitness facilities.